New Studio Monitors

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Maduka, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

What about Eris E8? I never auditioned them, but they got some very positive reviews.

2. Quasar82

Quasar82 Noisemaker

I have ADAMs. I am 100% happy with them.

3. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Hi Andrew, it's been sometime since we talked. All fine ?
    So, the Eris E8 is what you should note as the "KRK killer". Which means it plays ball in the entry level category but it is a very nice speaker for the money, a better overall speaker than the Rokit8 and for the exact same price the Rokits cost. I did mix one track on the pair to test it, it translated quite well to all my other speakers and in the car as well. The bass on these impressed me more than anything, this "cheap" speaker goes down to 35hz and it was happy playing loud my favorite bass heavy content, albeit with not really great clarity when cranked all the way up but enough to do some serious mixing work. So, it is a quite good, honest monitor for the money you pay. That is when it doesn't break, i 've had a couple of friends reporting malfunctioning E8s. I wouldn't put my hand on fire over this, it may be a design flaw or just a coincidence. What the KRKs can brag for is their sturdiness lol. But the E8s really sound better than anything i can think of in the 500 dlrs/pair price range.
    I hope this clears the scenery a bit.
    Cheers mate

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

This is still a 20dB scale. 20dB is a huge difference. Think of when you're doing EQ. 3dB is already very noticeable, 6dB is drastic and usually too much.

5. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I think it was a fake double-reverse.

6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Yes you are right.

7. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Hey @taskforce, still alive on my part with the usual road bumps the route of life usually contains.
    KRK seems to have been a little too sturdy on part of adding black gunk to their mainboards which apparently attracts moisture. :woot:

8. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Yeah,after watching the video ,"krk sturdiness" is the apppropriate term!:rofl:

9. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Cmon guys don't pick on me please, i was being sarcastic about the KRKs dammit:hahaha:. But before -just like everyone else- KRK (bought by Stanton) went "made in China" they maintained a nice build quality. Especially their premium series from 20+ years ago.
    Btw, i am very curious to listen to the speakers the KRK founder Keith Klawitter has come up with, after crowd funding his new company Klawitter Desings. Kinda premium looks and word is they sound premium too. We 'll just have to see i guess...
    http://www.klawitterdesigns.com/products/
    Cheers :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018