New Sonic Arts Granite Does Not Work in Ableton... mac

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by GreatJobChamp, Dec 25, 2016.

1. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

Just installed Granite on my mac... I installed it from the product website, and "elsewhere."

It seems to have an issue that I saw someone else mentioned, but they had no solution and are dumbfounded as well≥

Upon installing, the moment I load Granite, the sound begins to play, right away.

There is no midi track playing, I am not holding down keys on my midi-keyboard... I do not know why this is a problem.

To show it is not the track or something triggering sounds to connected device, I delete Granite and load another midi-instrument, and sure enough, the instrument only makes noise when I press a key.

Something is awry with Granite.

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

It does the same thing on Pc or windows 7...Just press the gate button to stop it from playing...Then it will respond to your midi playing. You can also read the manual.

4. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

Thanks brother... I just came back to delete or at least reply to my post, since I just watched a youtube...

I CANNOT believe they designed it like this... can you!!??? Can anyone??... why in GOd's name would anyone want a device to just immediately be blaring?

Truthfully... ask yourself that and offer your deepest honesty and response... what would be a reason a dev would WANT it like this? How is it that they feel this characteristic will positively affect the music production experience?

I literally think it's moronic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I can only agree...It's just not very smart. :dunno:

6. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

in my mac the standalone works fine. the plugin however works as described above. bummer.

7. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

It's also moronically simple just to click the gate button as soon as loading it... but anyhow, that's odd that standalone is different.

Also, as far as its envelope, I wonder why they built it to be triggered by a gate... as opposed to a straight-up envelope like a sampler (or Nuance for example) which triggers the moment you hit a key.

Could be less coding for the gate-env?

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

because without gate nabled you can go and load samples on the fly and play with them.

you can create a template, which is always loaded, so its already gated.