New Song - Please give some feedback

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by mrpsanter, Jan 31, 2020.

1. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  3. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Like the happy vibe, kind of reminds of some Nintendo cues like the lobby in hotshots golf or something.

I think your instrumentation and composition are solid. The drums might have a bit much verb but a nice piece for sure.

4. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

I especially liked the choice of "floating" harmonies": a very cool vibe, which makes the listener enjoy and relax. However, the dynamics of these instruments are too constant (try to vary them a bit, in terms of MIDI programming, articulation). I think it has too much reverb in it (at least for my taste), but in general, I liked it, mainly the mood and the groove of your track! :wink:

[​IMG]

5. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Relaxing background music, I like it. Too much reverb yes. Drums are way too loud for this mood too. One annoying note throughout spoils it for me, it sounds out of tune, in fact it's the last note you hear @ 3.20ish - spoils the piece.

6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I like it and pretty much agree with the other replies. Keep it up!

7. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Not feeling the Drums as far as the drum selection/sound aesthetisc and spatial placement is converned, but the composition has a jazzy vibe to it.

8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Guys,

Thanks for your remarks.
    I tried to remix it with less reverb and lowering the volume of the drums as suggested, please have a listen:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  9. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

With the drums out of the way now, the track is laid bare. Now we can hear that the notes and instruments (probably driven by the drums before) are trying to create some sort of complicated beat which doesn't suit this genre so well. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I would slow down the track BPM by about 5 and make the drums more simple. Drums in this genre are percussion not any main focus. Doing this will emphasise even more the horn-type melody, and we should be getting closer to a jazzy groove. You could even have a bass playing the drums beat instead of the drums.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. lexeed

lexeed Platinum Record

Classy chill, though I do feel there could be some strategic "surprises" thrown in here and there. Just some quick, interesting sounds that don't stay long or repeat anywhere else. Some bits to break things up now and then wo destroying the flow.