New song from Amsterdam :)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by paraplu020, Dec 26, 2018.

?

First impression?

1. Nice!

2. Okay.

3. Meh.

4. Bro, it’s f*cking trash! :/

5. Bro, you next up! :D (lol)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

Hey guys, merry xmas first and foremost!
    Check out this track, my nephew made it and I produced the beat. Curious what you guys think of it even though it’s in Dutch. Open for all feedback, but mostly BEAT feedback as that was my part in this track.

Peace from Amsterdam! :bow:

3. SyphonX

SyphonX Kapellmeister

Hi, the beat is nice. It has a nice flow in it. That autotuned vocal however is so overused by producers in this style of music. Too much of the same if you ask me. But this is not uncommon if you consider how many people produce music nowadays. :wink:

4. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

I must say I quite agree with @SyphonX 's remarks. Although I stem from the Beat & Rock 'n' Roll era I do appreciate semi-automated (composition and) production, up to and including AutoTune. In my perception this track is on the one hand well produced, namely for EQ, which seems well balanced with rather responsible bass roll-off at the mastering stage, bringing out the overall spectrum and the beat nicely, but even understanding Dutch quite well I do have a tough time picking up any of the lyric. I believe I hear stuff like "Ik strik me veters" and "Ik doe geen favours" but other than that all intelligibility is overridden by an overly squeezing, pointlessly prominent AutoTune. In my day it didn't matter if anyone made out a word you sang but with rap it's quite the opposite, slang or not. So I would say a good part of this track is well done, but AutoTune is pushed to overdoing its job, honestly.

[EDIT:] Wel een serieuze produktie, met inderdaad goeie Beat, dat vergeet ik niet te zeggen! :guru:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  5. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Sounds good to me... Sonically fulfilling... Performance seems fine... Though i dont understand Dutch...

Good work! :like:

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

The instrumental part is good. I hear an annoying artifact on the pitched vocals and think the rap is too loud.
    And I think autotuning the vocals isn't necessary.

7. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Like :like:

Goed gedaan:bow:

8. seriousofficial

seriousofficial Producer

like some of the previous comments already state, too much autotune can kill the song. Lead vocals are always the focus point, that's why you initially have put them loud, perhaps a little too loud in the mix. If a vocal sounds too artificial, an audience loses attention because they lose the connection with the lead voice. Your Dutch so obviously you guys have your own legacy and tradition in making urban style music, don't let it be a rip-off of all the cheap ass music that goes around in the US and the rest of the world, be proud of your own legacy. The beat is original and sounds nothing like what you'd get in the US, so that's a good start. Make it something that you stand out for, do not try to look too much at what others are doing.

9. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

hier nog een Huilander :disco:
    niet mijn muziek btw dus ik laat feedback aan de experts over :bleh:

10. sthlm808

sthlm808 Newbie

I have never heard music like this ! How does it feel to be a pioneer and so different from others ?

11. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

Hi guys, first of all thanks for all the great feedback, notes are being taken :thumbsup:
    I want you to know I will get back at everybody as soon as the family stuff is done lol, again thanks and merry Xmas.

And as always...

Peace from Amsterdam :bow: