New song, feedback is appreciated.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Alfgw, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Alfgw

Alfgw Kapellmeister

Hello everyone,
    This is a new pop song trying to find a better overall glue, tying different strategies, using different compressors(Michael Brauer).Ik multimedia Comprexor , Acustica audio Gold 5.

Any feedback is appreciated.

3. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Subs are messy, mids are muddy, highs are dull, snare is overcompressed, guitar is tiring to the ear.
    The track is also too short. If you want to make tiktokcore - there's not enough phonk. if you want to make a song - there's not enough song.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Alfgw

Alfgw Kapellmeister

Thanks, will try some eq.

5. NBD'S DRLNG

NBD'S DRLNG Noisemaker

A noob says: I think it sounds a bit like putting a pillow over a Bluetooth box.

6. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

subs? what subs?

Nice songs, poppy, and fun, but has an issue and I think u need to hit your mastering with a lower volume, try -18 dbfs. the guitar is endless, and needs a break, in fact, u need some openness in the track part where u drop out more elements. IMO.

7. reticular

reticular Kapellmeister

Man, just keep going, dont worry, the best way i think is having a good reference track and keep switching and figuring out. GL

8. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

It sounds like you're treating pre processed samples with compression that are already compressed and saturated. You don't need to do that. Take them all out and try to do a mix with balancing the tracks with just a touch of eq and adjusting volume.

9. Martel

Martel Platinum Record

When your song start to get some meet, it feels like its an early 2000's Electro Dance song.

The issue here is that the kick is pretty much absent and that's the basis of those type of songs.

I don't say that lightly. I mean, we obviously hear it shyly cutting through but for that format, its way off hidden in the back.

That's what hit me first.

I guess once the instrumentation inter-relation is back into normal territory, we could dig deeper.

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

I was testing out a "highly recommended" compressor a few days sago (that i'll skip out naming); which had almost exactly this sound to it. I think the problem is on the master bus and not the individual channels. it could be both, of course. But it's also present on the vocal. It's like it has sucked out any brightness, air, or openness to the song. @nbd's box comment reads like a bad comment, but it's actually pretty accurate. It's like the 2 bus has a muffler on it or something. I frequently put some compression on samples from sample packs, and they never sound anything like this. The entire thing is sounding overcooked. Another possible factor is using headphones without corrected high end.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
  11. Alfgw

Alfgw Kapellmeister

Yes, may be I did too much compression.
    Thanks.

12. clone

clone Audiosexual

Do you use headphones correction software like Sonarworks which you put on your master bus? Forgetting to bypass it before you bounce/export is a very easy way to get a file with a similar effect. I've done it more than once.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Alfgw

Alfgw Kapellmeister

No, I don't use any headphones correction software.

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

It can be very helpful. You load a calibration profile for your make/model headphones and an inverse of it; so that your headphones are corrected to be *theoretically flat. It sits in the last plugin insert of your master out, so you listen/mix and do your adjustments with headphones and then turn it off to export. But if you leave it enabled when you bounce/export, it's still the last insert effect on your master chain ; so it basically reapplies the initial correction profile inverse to your newly adjusted material and it gets printed onto the exported file.

it's a very tiny mistake to make, but it's very easy to do and will basically wreck your mix in one missed mouse-click.

15. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

not feeling the drums i do like that synth lead melody and the vocals tho .....something is off about the Drums its like it don't match the song and seem like its over compressed or either u used too much eq on it or something shit i don't know