New Song: Barry Unlimited

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by DimChandeliers, Jan 17, 2012.

1. DimChandeliers

DimChandeliers Ultrasonic

3. BlasterM

BlasterM Newbie

Start is good, makes to grin while reminding style of Barry's tracks.. and.. to wait for what makes Barry's track; the voice. That's kinda problem with this track, lack of vocals (besides chorus(?)) as there's not enough to keep interest without some sorta lead. And that part with that peculiar chord progression (bridge(?)) is kinda unfitting.. like from some other more progressive tune.
    Besides those things, it's a good workable track. :grooves:

4. ghost47

ghost47 Noisemaker

Strait Barry all day it is missing a singer or some sort of lead,Like the horn solo....

Still Nice tho! :wink:

5. Torture

Torture Newbie

I think with some vocals this would be working pretty well.

I don't like the string like synth layer that much. I think it doesn't support the feel of the song and its too prominent at times, because of the effects and the extreme stereo placing.
    Fits the vocal though...I guess you put it through it via a vocoder?!

I would delay the vocals a bit, or just time them a little different...they sound a little too quantized.

Over all a nice vibe and nice horn fills. With the right voice this could be quite emotional!

6. rimshooter123

rimshooter123 Noisemaker

ok, honestly I like that and I don't miss any vocals or leads. once the vocoder part begins it gets interesting for me... has a nice dreamy vibe and reminds me a little of bands like Air (french band) or Bent ( :beg:, too)
    instead of vocals or any obvious lead parts some kind of (analog) retro fx sweeps and bleeps could be nice.. always hitting or catching the listener's subconsciousness.

and there are much more suggestions for improvement of pads, drums, the 'intro', the mix and... but I stop here. :unsure:

7. DimChandeliers

DimChandeliers Ultrasonic

Thanks much for the comments! I'm a big fan of Air and Kraftwerk, which makes me a vocoder fan. That peculiar chord progression (BlasterM's comment) would be my tip-of-the-hat to Brian Wilson. I'll definitely work on a lead. vocal or otherwise. I also agree that the string synth is overpowering in places and I'm not completely happy with the phasey sound it has.