New Softube Model 77 (CS-80)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by naitguy, Sep 4, 2024 at 3:19 AM.

1. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

model-77-dual-layer-synth-high-res-gui.jpg

Model 77 Dual Layer Synth gives you one of the most influential sounds of our time. It is the iconic sound of Blade Runner, Chariots of Fire, Billie Jean, Africa, and Human Nature — among countless others.

We modeled and accurately articulated every detail of the circuits of three legendarily expressive Japanese synthesizers from 1977 and put them in one user-friendly plug-in. The sound, interaction, and performance remain as close to the hardware as possible, while the complex interfaces of the original instruments are enhanced with an intuitive redesign. Finally, your most-coveted synth has the workflow you deserve.

More here

I really like Softube's synthesizer models.... and another CS-80 option makes me giddy. Can't wait to try this thing out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Smeghead

Smeghead Producer

Ah yes! This should be a good one!

4. stopped

stopped Producer

a few of the presets sound fantastic, and the rest are dead and terrible
    I wonder if that's just how CS80s are

5. Smeghead

Smeghead Producer

They are authentic representations of what the real instrument does but they're only starting points. You can process it and take it to many different places.