NEW: Softube - Flow Mastering Suite

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Bunford, May 31, 2024.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I have to admit, I do love Softube plugins and this suite does look very interesting. I love the way it guides you by automatically doing things using macros, whilst also giving you the freedom to do it completely manually if you wish. I like the feature to make 4 different masters and be able to flip between them to compare before committing to anything too. Overall, definitely looks interesting.

I'm not in love with the fact that it's yet another subscription, but at least their model does offer something different in the way its set up. The end of The Band Guy's video below talks more about the subscription model specifically.

Flow Mastering Suite | Softube

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

I can't understand the only sub option, instant find a replacement for all their plugins for future proof.. and this mandatory of online is also bullshit.
    I prefer to buy, install, register and forget, I don't even mind usb-keys:rofl:

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

Maybe they are smart enough to only put out the sub plan first, to get as many users stuck with reoccurring billing. Then after all those people fall for it; they can say they made a perpetual license available per "popular demand" and act like they are doing you a favor.

5. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

I will try to explain once again, without being censored as usual : it is a capitalist model

Market is saturated by products in EVERY domain.
    Plugins too, of course.
    So when you subscribe, you are alienating yourself to ONE brand, and as you used those plugins in your projects ... you are obliged to PAY to open them again, even months later.

It is easier for those companies to make money that way than creating a ground breaking product ... because market is saturated by so called "ground breaking" products.

It is a falling plane. And nothing will stop it before it hits the ground.

6. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Actually, this subscription is "Sub-To-Own". This means each month user gets 30 "FLOW Credits" which can be spent on perpetual licenses on Softube's FLOW Credit Store.

Here: https://www.softube.com/flow-credit-store

7. sherpa

sherpa Ultrasonic

Looks like you'll have to be subbed for ten years + to get all the plugins