NEW SLATE DIGITAL SIEMENS FG 67 AND NEVE FG 73

Discussion in 'Software News' started by billythehit, Jan 5, 2016.

1. billythehit

billythehit Ultrasonic

NEW SLATE DIGITAL SIEMENS FG 76 AND NEVE FG 73 :like:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

info and links please?

4. welmixpro

welmixpro Noisemaker

NoT RELESD YET

5. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

these will be the virtual pre amp collection that slate mentioned as an added incentive to buy his subscription model, i think when FG-Bomber was released....

6. KingzDubStep

KingzDubStep Ultrasonic

ive never used a real neve pre-amp so im never sure if these emulations are any good. to my ears all they seem to do is add a bit of saturation and only then if i crank them right up so im sure these are all one big scam which may be incorrect seeing as ive never heard the real thing lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

I couldn't agree more... :)

EQ, Compression and Saturation. Get one versatile plugin for each of these three components and you can emulate 99,9% of audio plugins available.

The rest is placebo effect caused by fancy realistic GUIs.

Sure, once in a while there's really some truthful innovation, but generally speaking, the plugin market is a scam.

Just my two cents.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  8. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

I'll try to explain my point of view, Slate or whatever the heck his name is, is aiming for people with big budget, and people with big budget knows the real deal or had the chance to test/use/try or simply owned it already..., so he can't fake his stuff or he will lose his reputation, and therefor people will not buy his stuff and he may lose a lot of money because of that, so...

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. KingzDubStep

KingzDubStep Ultrasonic

i think i understand what you are saying but im sure the people with big budgets would buy the real thing not a plug-in version. i personally think the plug-ins are aimed at poor idiots like me who cant afford a real never pre-amp and have never used one so have no idea if the plug-in is good or not :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

FG 67
    I believe you meant to type FG-76
    Damned dyslexia! :bleh:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

I look at all those plugins like convenient tool to reduce time consuming tasks, which we will otherwise need a lot more time to manually find right collaboration between EQ, Compression, saturation and some others. Plugins try to find the right results for us, but sometimes they don't deliiver right one, as they work by predefined formulas and working environment they work with, is changing. So its on user to find, if particular plugin do good things for project or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. strumlord

strumlord Newbie

There are some great pre-amps out there that are well within reach of us "poor idiots". I bought the Warm Audio TB12 Tonebeast and I love it. It sells for $600 and rivals Pre-amps costing a lot more. And for me.... Plug-ins have really stepped up a notch in the last three years. Is the market "saturated" with them? Indeed they are, but there are some really ground breaking devs out there making some great sounding plugs that emulate high end gear that we all want but can't afford. This is a great time for people who can't drop serious coin on gear to make music.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    Interesting, I wasn't aware of that particular unit. Have you checked into any of the add-on OpAmps offhand? Thanks for the info!

14. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Ill pass for sure unless its in the wild... Its my belief that 99% of most end user\listeners of produced, commercial music will never have a clue whether this or 100 other pricey plugins or even hardware was ever used in a mix while listening in their earbuds and phones thesedays.

Invest in songwriting, great lyrics, vocals, catchy melodies and a decent mix.... instead.

All the plugins in the world are no substitute for these ^

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  15. strumlord

strumlord Newbie

Actually, I have. But I have not been able to listen to them to know if it something to explore. I looked at the John Hardy Op Amp and another one from Seventh Circle. But to be honest, The ones that come with it sound so good to me that I haven't really seen the need to swap either of them out. I'll be getting another TB12 this year as opposed to spending money on more Op Amps anyway. I have another dual channel pre-amp that I use for summing my audio but I think that summing through a pair of TB12's will sound awesome.

• List
  16. nycdl

nycdl Kapellmeister

anything Slate does UAD does better. Yes the hardware is a little more but well damn worth it. Slate can't even get a real license from Neve because he's knockoff .

17. strumlord

strumlord Newbie

Well said. All of the plugins in the world won't mean anything if you don't know how to mix. I'm learning everyday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. strumlord

strumlord Newbie

I can't debate on if UAD is better than Slate because I've never used any UAD stuff. And I know that for whatever reason, there is a lot of Slate hate on the web. I don't get it though. I consider him, Fabriel, and his team to be some of the ground breaking devs that I mentioned earlier. And their plugins prices are outstanding. The custom series EQ???? I love it. Great plugins IMO.

19. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I do... cos of his video presentations, his persona, His overly drmatic vocals, his seemingly better than thou attitude and that DAMN 100 button jacket he wears in every video...:hillbilly:

Just doesn't come off as a likable, humble guy

20. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

they'll prolly not release it till ilok3 or some other new protection dongleshit is out ... :rofl:

and btw, another eq and/or drive plugin is just what the world needed

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  21. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I trust my ears and I think vmr is a decent overpriced package just like vbc.
    if it's actually there in a studio were I go I would use them, I like the workflow in vmr.
    and the bus saturation grouping is quite nice to play around with for 2 or 3 projects

but.... I never made to the end of one of his videos yet:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List