New sister site iZotope releases (Nectar4, Ozone 11) working in Mojave?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by jackslab27, Feb 24, 2024.

1. jackslab27

jackslab27 Member

hey, has anyone managed to make the newer iZotope releases on sister site (Ozone 11 etc. by Xdb, Nectar 4) work on OSX 10.14 Mojave?

(I know they are not officially supported but somehow the installers still let you install the plugins, so maybe there is a chance somehow?)

for me and others while scanning the plugins it gives the error message “cannot get core function pointer” and then the daw basically crashes.

Is there some fix/workaround some computer wizz here might have found?
    Can these releases work on Mojave somehow?

Very thankful for any pointers as I’d love to try these plugins, esp. Nectar 4 ;)

(I’m in Ableton Live 11, macosx mojave 10.14.)

Thank you very much!

3. Bitmonkey

Bitmonkey Producer

This happened initially with legit Avenger 2 initially and the developer had to change some of the GUI code to use a different library to allow it to work on Mojave so unless a load of legit users complain and they release a patch, I'd say it's unlikely.

4. zpaces

zpaces Producer

Mojave? You need a time machine to get this running, right?
    You better get the older versions of iZotope and Co.

5. jackslab27

jackslab27 Member

what are you talking about. literally everything still runs on mojave except newest native instruments and now latest izotope stuff. rx10, ozone 10 still working fine. no need to dig for any ‘older versions’. only for the very newest stuff now they’ve cut off mojave.
    you realize many producers are still on mojave as they find it hard to part with some classic 32bit plugins?
    in conclusion, you have no idea what you are talking about and are not helping this thread one bit. so please.

6. zpaces

zpaces Producer

If everything is alright. Why you asking? If you wanna stick with 32bits it's fine!
    But obviously newer stuff might not work on older systems.

You just answered self to your thread.

You want the latest plugins? Update your OS!
    You wanna stay on 32bit? Use older plugins which work perfect on your system.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

I tried the first few releases from xdb and not a single one worked. none of it was because they were too new for my macos. it's because they weren't cracked correctly.

iZotope are one of the main developers changing minimum system requirements. Some you will see they have jumped to Monterrey. High Sierra,Mojave, and Catalina are still fine for most devs. HS and Mojave are not 32bit only, or we could not run any 64 bit plugins. Obviously, we can.

wavesfactory EQ or cenozoix do not need, both already patched. and Beatskillz plugins, I have deleted every one I have ever tried out.

For iZotope new stuff, you are probably stuck.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
  8. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Try with official release, if that works, better crack will solve the issue, if that doesn't work, amazing crack could probably tackle it. if it's just the case of tricking installer, you can even use thing like Paicifist, but if it's missing some important library or just doesn't play along with particular OS version, it's nothing one can do.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

it's not going to matter anyway if they are just going to get nuked. :winker:

10. jackslab27

jackslab27 Member

good lord. you really don’t understand the concept of someone asking “has anyone gotten this to work in mojave?”
    what do you even want. I am aware I would not have this issue after an OS update, thank you. the whole point of the thread is asking if some other mojave user made it work.
    you are not a mojave user. what do you want here. just leave this thread alone and let the actually affected people discuss this issue, as we are in other replies. get a life.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  11. jackslab27

jackslab27 Member

yeah it is problaby an issue with it using a newer library or something lime that, but maybe someone was able to copy that into mojave/somehow figure it out?
    just asking on a limb here, would really love to try nectar 4 esp, but not at the cost of updating and losing my 32bit stuff..

12. jackslab27

jackslab27 Member

hm for me they work fine, except for the latest izotope stuff. and wavesfactory eq was not cracked for mac prior I believe.
    but yeah izotope seem to be one of the few along with NI that are abandoning mojave now, sad times ;(

13. Londoner

Londoner Member

None the dev/test & qa work for Ozone & RX was ever done above v9 and v3 of Nectar on 10.14 (Mojave). If you check-in with support, you'll find the maximum supported app versions for this platform are as follows :-

iZotope
    • Breaktweaker
    • Dialogue Match
    • Insight 2 (Pro)
    • Iris 2
    • Nectar 3 (Pro)
    • Neoverb (Pro)
    • Neutron 2, 3
    • Ozone 8, 9
    • Ozone Imager 1, 2
    • Relay
    • RX 7, 8, 9
    • RX Loudness Control
    • Stutter Edit 2
    • Tonal Balance Control 1, 2 (Pro)
    • Trash 2
    • Vocal Synth 2 (Pro)
    • Vinyl 1
    • Vocal Doubler

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

"Officially Supported" and "Working" are way different things with iZotope. They are actually the worst offender getting the minimum system requirements wrong. Some are off by multiple versions of MacOS. The only way to get a 100% correct answer is to try installing. (or someone else telling you).

I think he means to download and check out the official demo. In almost all cases, if the demo will run; so will the full retail version. Then if it doesn't work, you know it is a bad release. Or an issue with your version of MacOS. I do this a lot to avoid downloading things that won't work.