New Single from ApM: Nordic Wax

Discussion in 'Music Releases' started by akosone, Oct 3, 2016.

1. akosone

akosone Noisemaker

This is our first release, hope you enjoy it!

PM me with your email and ill hook u up!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  3. redwin

redwin Noisemaker

Nice live feeling. Very organic. Cind of trippy but controlled:):) You jamming or is everything programmed?
    I would love to have this track on my phone:)
    [email protected]

4. akosone

akosone Noisemaker

Thanks, it is a mix of programming and live recordings. Mostly live, half of Apm is one hell of a drummer, a lot of the tracks are onetakes that goes through the whole track! File sent!

5. redwin

redwin Noisemaker

Ah ok well that explains it. Cool:) Got it my phone now:) Like that way of working mixing live takes with programming got some tips for a beginner like me? Best

6. akosone

akosone Noisemaker

Proper panning, EQing is a good start, i think. I think you need to be more specific, tips regarding??

:guru:

7. redwin

redwin Noisemaker

I was thinking of the the big sound, and the breaks how to make the sweeps or what to call. My mixes always get a little flat, want to make them more euphoric like this sound... u get what i mean:p? guess i comes with time n all that but every tip is appricicted...:)

8. akosone

akosone Noisemaker

The Swoosh-sounds are jsut white noise controlled with a filter. its all about finding the right cutoff frequenzy to make it sit good with the rest of the track.

And of course finding a nice white noise sound that you like. I think we used 3 different white noise sounds in this one.

9. redwin

redwin Noisemaker

ah ok yes i have been trying out some white noice, just recently got in to automation and also realized my lack of mixing knowledge. intresting i will try to do some experiments with filtering white noice. which plugins do u often use? thinking about to get waves.

10. akosone

akosone Noisemaker

Waves got some good stuff 4 sure, its all about finding your favourites. I like the CLA comp pretty much. Valhalla Shimmer is also a personal favourite. For synth sound i tend to go with Serum (xfer) or zebra 2(u-he). I also use some hardware like the Elektron analog 4.

11. redwin

redwin Noisemaker

ok cool. just about doawnload the new waves package, looked up cla and some other plugins on youtube n they seem really good. Ok so you mix analog n digital and live instruments? do you have more songa? which program do you use? im usin abelton atm.
    i play cello, so trying doing electronic music with alot of strings. just let me know if you want some cello in a track:) thanks for the song:) strange that no one else want it since its free.......

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. akosone

akosone Noisemaker

Yes we got more releases coming. Soon there is an EP coming on Natura Viva and we have a few tracks thats almoat ready. Will post it here when they ready for the public ear!

13. redwin

redwin Noisemaker

Ok cool. Looking forwadr to hear that Ep. Is it also with liveinstruments? I use nordic wax in the gym to make my running better really gives me a boost:)
    Just almost finished with a track, would be nice to have your opinion if i can send you. I use nexus alot. Have you tried it? I think its a bit to much edm sounds in general but i put som distortion and filtering it low, think i get a more raw sound,,, hopefully:)
    best

14. akosone

akosone Noisemaker

Yeah just send em over. For Rawness i sometimes use old analog gear and send tracks through them to get a little grit.

Ohh Nexus is kinda nice, is used to use it like a decade ago or supm, remember i liked it. Is there a new version of it havent heard anythang bout it in a while.

15. redwin

redwin Noisemaker

Ok cool. whats your mail? Whats cinda analog gear do you use? I have a friend all in to analog gear:) n im thinking to go to him n try put my cello n even som synths trough. Would be intresting to hear the difference.
    Actually im using Nexus the "old" one. But think i will try the second version. Its nice for different styles i think.
    What do you think of Serum?
    Best

16. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Big like

17. akosone

akosone Noisemaker

@nikon Thanks!

@redwin i really like serum. it is simple enough to get started real quick and so deep that you want learn it all for a long time. loads to explore there. Also i like how serum sounds, i mean if you take a pure sawwave in serum it sound pretty nice!

Btw a friend did a remix of the track
    you can listen to it here:

Hope u likes it!

18. nastybobby

nastybobby Kapellmeister

Very cool and atmospheric sounding track, love the bass line and the keys riff.

There's no doubt that there's some talented mofos who frequent this site, many of the tracks posted are as good, if not superior to those produced by very well known names in the game. I think it's certainly true that there's as much great music out there as there ever was. There's just probably more crap to sieve out before you get to the gold.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. redwin

redwin Noisemaker

Yeah cool remix:) damn.... jelaous;) I agree with @nastybobby its lots of NOT so well done produced music out there but at the same time the best music is created in this time, the digital revolution certenly has benefits:) im just in the beginning of my producing but ererything i want in my life i can find either here on audiosex or on youtube:) try to work on my social game to haha....