New samples locations of FL Studio projects

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Triple, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Triple

Triple Member

Hi! I was using FL Studio on a laptop in which I was saving all the project files on disc C on my HDD. Each song has its folder and subfolders from which I loaded some samples to the sessions.
    I copied these projects to my new PC and store them on disc D (I don't want them to be on disc C), so the locations of the samples have changed. Now on the new PC, FL Studio cannot find these samples required by the sessions.

Is there a way to help FL Studio find the new locations of these samples? For example can I choose a folder in which FL Studio can search for them?

Greeting!

3. virusg

virusg Rock Star

go to options, file settings and there you will find the menu that lets you add your locations ...you can have as many as you like, just click the folder icon in each row and browse to your desired location... hope it helps :mates:

4. mono

mono Audiosexual

hi,if the Samples are saved in the same folder as the flp ,that's your fl Project file,it will search there first.
    if not it will look for the Samples in any sample folders that you set in fl ,
    one way to make this search quicker is to find the Samples your-self
    then cope and paste them into the same folder as the flp,
    you will see the names of each file that's missing when you open your Project
    and after you fine the first one your self, press skip and the next name will show up to search for ,
    after you find all the Samples for that Project and have moved them in-to the same folder as the .flp
    reopen the Project and it should start up with no errors.
    you should save any more Projects you make as zip so you wont have to go true this again,
    i went true this myself and its a pain in the @ss to fix but you learn as you go :)

5. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Another way is to Hex-Edit the project files with HXD (for example).

[​IMG]

Open the project in it, search for the sample (12345.wav) and change the drive letter.

Lately I archived all my old projects incl. samples etc. to delete old and
    no longer needed sample-libraries (I had too much on my HDD). My problem was:
    I used a library where all samles had the same name (001.wav, 002.wav, ...)
    so the the drum samples in the folder "Drums" had the same names as the Snare Samples
    in the folder "Snares" and the new version of FL Studio wasn't able to allocate
    the correct samples when I loaded old project files.

I simply edited the paths in HXD and my projects were working like a charm.
    After that I exported each project into a zip-file incl. all used samples
    and the rest of the library wasn't needed anymore.

Greetings, r4e