NEW Pro Tools UPDATE - still no Mavericks support...

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Big Mike, May 2, 2014.

1. Big Mike

Big Mike Newbie

The new Pro Tools update (10.3.9) still doesn't include Mavericks support. Nasty news for people who don't want to use Pro Tools 11, because of AAX only.
    Seriously, what's the problem? Apple said it's Avid's fault. What does Avid say?

Does anybody really know what's going on? I mean, some real info would be appreciated. Not the average speculations.

Big Mike

3. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

That why protools created 11 you wont see Maverick support on older version, Wouldn't sit around holding breath on something never will happen

4. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

I really don't know what type of 'support' they're talking about. PT 10.3.7 and .8 works just fine on my system for a while now. Not sure what they mean by that.

5. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Protools under version 11 wont install/Run on Mac Mavericks OSX

6. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

PT 11 is for Mavericks and beyond. 10.x is for legacy

7. bonzai

bonzai Newbie

I've got a old macbook pro (mid 2010) with last version of Maverick (developper) 10.9.3 and last update of Protools 10 & 11 work perfectly...

8. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Exactly. My 10.3.8 works just fine here on Mavericks. My 11 used to run on my ML setup. Not sure now.

9. Big Mike

Big Mike Newbie

You guys got me even more confused, right now. 10.3.8 ain't for Mavericks but you are able to run it?

Big Mike

10. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Right. Been running it for a while and I've never had any issues. I'm on OSX 10.9.3 and running PT 10.3.8 and about to install 10.3.9.

11. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

ProFools company will aways dial-in their marketing intentions, making you to require more things to be able to use their stuff, so... more required things means more required things to be bought. "Ok, so do i need a new mac to be able to run this Profools version on a older version of OSX, ok, i'll go to get another mac" or.. "So i need a newer version of ProTools(11) to be able to use it on my Maverick? ok, i'll buy Protools 11".
    So who wins here? Companies... of course. "Let's shorten up the compatibility bettween our products so we can push the consumers to buy more of our shit"... God damn... :sad:

Apologize... i freaked out [​IMG]

12. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Sure about that? latest version is 10.9.2 Now I'm Doubting your running any protools under 11 on Mavericks

13. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

I can surely screenshot if you like. You're right about the OSX version, but I am Indeed running 10.3.9 on it.

14. bonzai

bonzai Newbie

For studio5599 :wink:
    Screenshot of my MBP

Attached Files:

15. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Ultrasonic

Apparently, AVID realizes people may not be keen with AAX, which is why one can choose to run PT10 and 11 on the same machine. 10.3.9 may be the last PT10 version, however... :grooves:

16. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

These Avid guys they sell still this?? And still find people to pay for it? After all they've done to their clients? :rofl:

17. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

It is "industry standard" because it is written "Pro" and "Tools" on it.
    Like this guy selling "Industry Kits". Even if it sucks, it is "industry", you know...
    :rofl:

18. flyyservee

flyyservee Newbie

Pro Tools10 works on Mavericks its just a hassle, a mess. i was runnin pro tools 10.0 on mountain lion before i updated to mavericks and everything was gravy till i tried to update pro tools. the installer/uninstaller simply just wont run on mavericks. if you want pro tools you need to basically back your files up ,erase the drive you boot you OS on and network boot (alt + cmd +r ) and reinstall mountain lion.. to hell with Pro Tools..

19. p5ych0

p5ych0 Noisemaker

I'm using Pro Tools 10 & 11 on Maverick and am having no problems at all...

20. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

Pro tools tends to leave behind their old softwares with some minor upgrades. For the most part those upgrades would be for setting up hardware rather than amazing huge updates.

I really doubt Pro tool will give support to 10 because they rather you to upgrade. I really hate their company, but i do love pro tools. :dancing:

21. Big Mike

Big Mike Newbie

I'm pretty sceptical when it comes to Pro Tools and Avid's marketing decisions and people's glorifications, too. In my personal opinion it's mainly the old cats who still think that Pro Tools is the pro's only real tool.
    But we all have different opinions and that leads me to what I actually want to say, now. This wasn't intended to be a "I love or hate Pro Tools", so don't let the title misguide you. We already have enough of those
    threads. I think I made it pretty clear what this thread is about. Don't get me wrong, all posts appreciated. No offense to anybody.

Big Mike