New point of menu in CakeWalk

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Nick2001, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Nick2001

Nick2001 Newbie

Hello!
    Can somebody comment strange point of menu appeared in CakeWalk when I installed Yamaha SOL software (next generation of XGWorks).

Снимок экрана (1).jpg

After clicking on this point it returns next

Снимок экрана (2).jpg

So - what means "OMPS EDITOR ROOT"? How it appeared in CakeWalk in the Vew menu??
    Thank you!

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

It is the folder it is in?

Welcome to AS.

4. Nick2001

Nick2001 Newbie

Thank you for Welcome!
    What do you mean talking about folder? If you mean the folder of SOL - it is Program Files -> Yamaha -> SOL, if you mean XGEditor - it is Program Files ->Yamaha ->OPT Tools-> XG Editor -> Modules.
    If you mean CakeWalk - it's folder is by default.
    The situation is unusual for me because I did'n set the folder with XG Editor DLL as the folder for VST in CakeWalk (in my situation it is Sonar Platinum because I have x86 system). And new menu appeared in Sonar not as any VST but as "OMPS EDITOR ROOT" - never knew about that, and can not find any information in internet.. :(

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Nick2001

Nick2001 Newbie

By the way, if I install some other tools in SOL - they also appears in Sonar.
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    And more! If those tools has the same MIDI out as in Sonar - I can operate the sound module in real time! If I will set MIDI out to any virtual MIDI cable - I can record all changes into Sonar's track (sure if I set this virtual cable as MIDI In in Sonar) in real time! But I can not make SnapShot to insert settings from XGEditor to Sonar.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021