New Plugin review site needs your help. www.audiopimpz.com

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by ampworks, Sep 4, 2011.

1. ampworks

ampworks Producer

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

a clickable link, may help your cause, also putting a full screenshot if the plugin being reviewed on the review page, would be a good idea.

:wink:

4. ampworks

ampworks Producer

Cheers yep working on that..

5. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Quite good idea, though. :wink:
    Is that meant for independent platforms?
    You know there's so much different Plug-Ins for different systems...
    What i actually don't like is the grey design of the site. :(
    Maybe a nice dark blue theme with a cool logo and font would push it up.
    Then i would add different sections. But it's all in development, i
    understand.

Just my opinion! :)

6. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Found a small bug:

Using "Camino" browser the subtitle "Audio Software Reviews" at the end of the page looks different! Too bold.
    With Firefox and Safari it looks the same. :thumbsup:

7. ampworks

ampworks Producer

8. cyberluk

cyberluk Newbie

Why can't I comment or review a plugin that as already a review? There should be some button or is there only one review per plugin? It's complicated and not straightforward. Also I don't like that Redline Monitor has a lower rating than EZmix. EZmix is an awful plugin for amateurs, I can do a better mix just with native FL Studio plugins, which are not good too in terms of warm analog sound.

9. ampworks

ampworks Producer

yes you can vote and review any plugin, The score will then be averaged out.
    Just click the add review and in the product area type EZmix or Redline Monitor, it will go to the right plugin in the database

10. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Great Site :)

11. cyberluk

cyberluk Newbie

Yay, the design looks clean, but the navigation is hard. It's not good to let users type plugin's name when they're on plugin's page. There should be some button Add Review under plugin's screenshot and it should be possible to add a review without writing it's name. Someone could mispell the plugin name and then you would have a duplicates. I'm 24 and develope since 11 (MS-DOS,Java,C++,C#,PHP,Javascript,Flash) and this thing with reviewing is quite difficult from user point of view.

12. ampworks

ampworks Producer

I fully agree. Maybe in RED TEXT so it stands out.

13. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

It's hard for me to take a site seriously with a name like that. Also, you claim to be 'the webs first dedicated audio software user review site.' Have you not heard of www.kvraudio.com?

14. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Have to agree, probably the worst thing for me is the name.. seems.. umm... childish?

Maybe Pluginreview.com or plughead.com...or.. something

..the pimpz thing is more likely to be mocked, than liked.

Yay... post 200 :dancing:

15. cyberluk

cyberluk Newbie

A good free VST plugins with review and tips & tricks can be found here: http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/vst-effects/ ...you can add those plugins on your site plus there are really good tips on how to use them...I'd like to have those tips on every plugin page...For Redline Monitor it would be: use 0.2 distance and 30 or 90 degreee for speaker's angle.

16. ampworks

ampworks Producer

Great idea! on Tips and Tricks

17. ampworks

ampworks Producer

The discussion over the right domain name to use for a review site was long and heavy involving subjects such as SocioDynamics and Phonesthemes. We took on the idea of having a descriptive domain name for SEO purposes but a good site name has to be both easy to say or subvocalise, be slightly provocative or humorous (You remember rude jokes better than clean ones etc...). So people may not like the name AudioPimpz but it was chosen because they would remember it and generalised enough to leave scope for future expansion of the site. For instance AudioSex is another example and sometimes the best domain names have nothing to do with the content at all. In truth we had no idea that there was an AudioSex.pro site until after we'd chosen our domain and the name was actually one of the ones we discussed using. However we wanted something not quite so strong on the provocative side of things and that also hinted at an association with altering and improving sound in a modern way (Pimp My Ride etc...).

KVR has a different paradigm to audiopimpz and we are in no way trying to compete with that great site, or forums like this. Rather Audiopimpz' focus is just on user reviews and nothing more.

Thanks for your feedback guys, we have taken it all on board and are hoping for a major update this week with many improvements making the site more intuitive and easier to use. Thanks www.audiopimpz.com team

18. DjPeterMunch

DjPeterMunch Newbie

Great idea. Will def. be a contributor.

19. TkiD

TkiD Noisemaker

Cool, bookmarked :wink:

Opening page, I think its quite good, simple layout, I'm not put off or anything. Had a quick look round, the layout is good throughout, i like this idea, I think it will be quite a useful site for me.

nice one *yes*

20. ampworks

ampworks Producer

Thanks its a good idea but no one is submiting any info, feel free to add one