new piece : "piel" from Raul Rispa

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by raul rispa, Apr 25, 2018.

1. raul rispa

raul rispa Ultrasonic

• Like Like x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Someone or something meant a lot to you or still does.
    Nice :)

4. stoiximan

stoiximan Platinum Record

Good one very emotional

5. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

It's beautiful.

6. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Thank You for sharing
    i found it very moving.

if you dont mind me asking, what is the backstory or context for this piece? i'm currious

7. foster911

foster911 Guest

Beautiful............:suicide::drunks:

8. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

very nice one... reminds me that the best music is about "feeling" first...

9. TonyG

TonyG Guest

That is a beautiful piece Raul. Nicely done! One question, do you mind sharing with us what inspired you? Una mujer? Keep up the good work.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Una melodía preciosa. Podria sonar mas preciosa todavia, pero has hecho unas cositas raras, cambios raros con la melodía que no me gustaron. esta clase de musica debe ser lo mas divino posible. Pero si, como han dicho, esta claro que esta musica tiene que ser un reflejo de una emocion muy personal, y ahi ya entiendo que te estas diciendo algo con la melodía.

• List
  11. TonyG

TonyG Guest

Firstly, to the English translation for the benefit of all members. "A beautiful melody. It could have sounded better, but you have done some odd things, odd changes with the melody that I did not like. This type of music should be as divine as possible. But, as they have said, it is clear that this music must be the result of a very personal emotion, so I do understand what you are trying to convey with the melody"

Now to your comment. I think "Piel" is a beautiful and well crafted piece. The fruit of his inspiration, his feelings. Not mine. Nor yours. What you called "odd changes" simply add uniqueness and character to the piece. What I do not understand is your comment as to divine music. The way in which your comment is written - in Spanish - sounds like you are criticizing Raul for creating a piece of music that, in your opinion should be divine, but it is not.

12. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

@TonyG, well, yes and no. We're back to problems with definitions again. When chocolate is melting on your tongue, what are the adjectives that come to mind? Lovely, gorgeous, amazing, fabulous, fantastic. Many of the adjectives we use are exaggerations, and not true to their actual dictionary definitions. Only the pyramids of Egypt, the Grand Canyon and perhaps an elephant or the sky, space are truly a-w-e-s-o-m-e, yet...

So to divine. In Spanish you can say divine to mean really gorgeous, beautiful, not intended literally. But yes, to me, the most beautiful music brings us closer to the divine, perfection, oneness, whatever you choose to call it. I expect this kind of music to do that, in the same way that every lover of dance music expects something that purports to be dance music, to move them, get them into a groove, a rhythmic ecstasy. If you're not feeling that 'thing' that you want to feel, it's failed. Yes, I have expectations about the OP's genre of music. He teases his listener with it, then does his own thing, and it's not what you expect it to be. Deliberately. Artistically he pissed me off. But he knows what he's doing, stretching his 'art license' a bit too much for my personal liking. It's the reason why, of all the Classical sub-genres, Baroque always hits the sweet spot for me. Baroque is always beautiful and makes you smile and feel wonderful. The other Classical greats are telling very intelligent stories, using very beautiful sounds, but often using those beautiful sounds to create music that isn't beautiful. Why would you take a violin, which is capable of making beautiful sounds, and make a horrible-sounding, or a weird piece of music with it that isn't pleasing to the ear? Marvelous art, yes. I'm sure that if those Classical 'greats' who made horrible, angry music were around today, they would be rock musicians, not Classical composers.

• List
  13. TonyG

TonyG Guest

@Thankful Thanks for explaining the nature of your disappointment with Raul's piece. Music is an art form of expression and therefore it is impossible to please everyone.

14. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

delicate themes. really nice

15. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Artistically... I really admire what he did. as it was quite pleasant.. if a bit dissonant in some respects,
    Artistically, this is an unqualified success in my mind...as it achieved what he wanted it to.. and with the majority
    of listeners here... When someone produces something of beauty and artfulness.. that I feel pretty sure I would be hard pressed
    to match, then the result is my admiration and appreciation

once again thanks to @raul rispa for sharing this... I certainly have heard things here that come nowhere near it
    in terms of genuine feeling and execution in the performance...

bears repeating @TonyG , you will never please everyone...but you have pleased enough of us..

it's been a long time since someone the caliber of a Mozart has walked the earth...
    and probably no one of that stature sharing their stuff here..
    but @raul rispa 's piece stands with the best ever posted on this forum

cheers :bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. raul rispa

raul rispa Ultrasonic

Really thank you, thank you very much for all your comments (also "Thankful" who disliked).
    Some of you ask me about the story that´s behind that music. I think that the mission of a musician in an evocative piece like this is to provide people with a vehicle that it´s able itself to support as an instrument to make the listener flows their own feelings. You can imagine about a love story, or maybe a familiar loss, a friend that´s gone, or even a farewell with the love of your life in a train station....
    I put the music, you put the lyrics.....

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

This is beautiful... bravo!

18. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

This is very nice.
    Very well done!