New Pc, components advice

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by rflip, Oct 2, 2013.

1. rflip

rflip Noisemaker

i know the price difference is huge, my problem is that Now that I have spended the money that I saved for the workstation, I can saved 1000€ all over again but it would take me a long time to put it all together again, and I need a workstation asap. So my solution will be to buy it on a local store and pay it monthly, but My local stores don't have a good PC for sell mainly all their pc's are regular use oriented or gaming oriented and I fill like I will be over paying for something that is not updated. That's why I was thinking spending a lil bit more on an imac.

PS:What happened to hk, never saw him again on the forum

2. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Why would it take you too long to put it together? I can assemble a whole computer by parts in maximum one hour and another 7-8 hours to reinstall everything (and that's if i really have a ton of vst/vsti/libraries,etc. You can't go wrong if you buy all the separate parts and put them all together, let's say spending a whole day for you. I really don't think it would take that much if you're really determinated to achieve a great workstation. It's a matter of ambition... :mates:

P.S. for the money of a Imac you can get some kickass pc parts and make a badass workstation.

3. rflip

rflip Noisemaker

I can assemble the whole computer in matter of hours. what wuld take a long time is saving all the money again to buy the parts

4. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

rflip,

If you can get store credit, why can't you get some kinda loan from a bank or sth that you pay off monthly just like you would with the credit?
    Then you could buy whatever you want with that sum.

5. rflip

rflip Noisemaker

That's a good point Thisis Theend. I going to check that.
    My only concern with that is they may have some taxes or something with the store credit is 0% interests. I going to study that case

6. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

Yeah, you will have to pay some interest on a loan.
    But if you really want a PC and can get sth good for around 1000€, the final payment on that sum including interest may still end up being quite a bit less than those 1699€/1899€ you would pay for the iMac.

7. rflip

rflip Noisemaker

So I was looking around some companies to get the loan that I need but it seems that the lowest amount that they loan it's 2000€ That's way more than what I need.

8. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Debt is a serious problem in this world, and what we consumers need is a revolution:\

1.Financing & leasing - Root of all evil (IMO Don't do it, Save up, buy out Fully) ofcourse it may be needed in certain circumstances.

2.Interest Rates - Lowest you can find Do your homework

3.Warranty - Not needed in most cases(especially PC parts IMO) but like everything else there's always a certain circumstances.

4.Money coming In Vs. Money going Out - Find your balance and live within your means (may want to shoot for 70/30%)

All I'm trying to say is beware of Buyers Remorse, right now it seems like a great idea, down the road it may bite you in the Ass

9. rflip

rflip Noisemaker

So I'm following all yours advices and i'm going to try to save the money again.
    So my got my head into the components once again to figure the best budget hardware, and this is what I got
    What do you guys think?

GraphicCard - Msi Geforce GTX650 OC Edition 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E
    HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATAIII 64MB (6GB/s)
    SSD - Samsung 840 PRO SSD 2.5 SATA III 128GB
    PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W Modular
    RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 2x4GB 1866MHz CAS9 1.5v Low Voltage
    CPU Cooling - Cooler Master Seidon 120V
    CPU - AMD FX 8350 4.0GHz 16MB BOX SKAM3+
    MoBo - Asrock 990FX Extreme3 AMD990FX SKAM3+

I'm still looking for a pc case, what do you guys think about this one??
    http://www.chiptec.net/incs/verproduto.php?id=12398&session=66ef3fd35ad9ae6550af7f32bcd65e0a

or this one maybe
    http://www.chiptec.net/incs/verproduto.php?id=11451&session=66ef3fd35ad9ae6550af7f32bcd65e0a

Thank you all for your patience

10. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

It's a great selection for a kickass workstation :wink:
    About the pc-case, i was about to recommend you one of the german Nanoxia Deep Silence series case, but after i saw your links, that case is great too. P.S.: Nanoxia series are way more priced than that CM case, but you don't need to go higher in price if you can't afford a Nanoxia case, that CM case will do the job too! :mates:

11. rflip

rflip Noisemaker

Thanks a lot for the quick answer Evorax.
    I'm going to take a look at the Nanoxia Deep Silence, probably I'll still be going for the CM because of the price, but i'll give it a look.

Another question what do you think of the CPu cooler? Cooler Master Seidon 120V

I just hope I can put all this together in a couple months because right Now I can't do nothing in my current computer, it has sound glitches it craps itself, I'm going insane with it.

12. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Is a good cooling solution, but if you want to lower the fan noise, you should consider buying some third-party very silent fans.

13. rflip

rflip Noisemaker

I'm getting the SSD Samsung 840 Pro for 130€, but I saw a kensigton SSDNOW V300 for 77€ both with 120gb(128gb in the Samsung), My question is, is it worth it? is almost the double of the price, can I save some money there?

14. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Don't skimp on ssds although your about to get one of the best ones it's a wise choice against future problems imo, or you can go for their cheaper model(EVO)

15. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

I can only recommend EVO, just keep an eye on the remaining endurance. EVOs are guaranted only for 42TB

16. rflip

rflip Noisemaker

I will just install the OS in the SSD and probably the daw's but the i'll save session, samples, etc in the HDD, So if the SSD goes to hell I don't loose nothing.
    But yeah probably I will buy the Pro 840.

So.. To keep this going, today I will star to order some thing.
    First I will order the SSD and the HDD