New, or different protections being used by Atomix Virtual DJ 2023?

Discussion in 'DJ' started by Bunford, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Just curious more than anything. The older 2021 version is still being released by some scene groups on the sister site etc. Just wondering whether anything is stopping the new Virtual DJ 2023 with Stems 2.0 from being treated and circulated, such as new, or different protections being used by Atomix?

I wouldn't mind trying it to see if worth moving from my current DJ software and is the Stems 2.0 features lives up to some of the hype I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2023
  3. tekogop257

tekogop257 Member

Consider Traktor by Native Instruments, I hear it's raelly solid

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I used Traktor back in the day, probably abputb10-15 years ago, using my Veatax VCI-100 and then VCI-300. Loved it back then, and then got a Traktor S4, but switched when it began to stagnate about 7 or 8 years ago. Not looked at it since, but seen they've revamped it.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

guess R2R didnt see it or just busy with other releases.

i mean what has the 2023 version to offer? which the 2021 version doesnt have?

6. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Teams interest & focus on what they feel is most wanted. Also the need or lack thereof, to update aging products.

A lot of interest has been focused on Serato for some reason. One that my son has mentioned in conversations.

7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

It introduced Stems 2.0, which the industry is citing as the best quality and algorithm when tested against Serato 3.x and others. It's also introduced some features and a number of fixes since in iterative releases since the November 2022 release, as you can see at their change log at https://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/changelog.html?view=advanced

8. zalbadar

zalbadar Ultrasonic

Bunford if it's just the features like Stems 2.0 you want to try, why not just download it straight from Virtual DJ?
    https://virtualdj.com/download/index.html

The free User (home user) can use most feature of the software.
    See here for link to User licence comparisons https://virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/price.html

From what I can see, the only things you can't do with the free user is use USB controllers or Record within the software.

Personally I dance between Native instruments Trakor and Virtual DJ. Every so often one of them feels better then the other for what I'm working on.

in the past to crack the Virtual DJ it use to be just a case of blocking a IP address. most would do this via the hot file in the windows/system 32 folder.

This stopped working a couple of year back and after 2016 it was causing the CUP to run near 100% as the software was constantly calling the IP and getting no response.

If you download it from virtual DJ, make sure to clean of the old Virtual DJ crack from the Host file as it will search for it and stop the software working.

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

okay for the stems, i think mvsep just does a better job than any stems software i have tried. sure it is online, but it free, takes a bit longer to process, but the results are very very good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Yeah, I used to be a Traktor user, largely born out of being a huge Richie Hawtin fan and Traktor was a product co-developed initially by himself and Native Instruments, as well as used by him to DJ live, so if it's good enough for Richie, it was good enough for me was my logic back in the day :rofl:

11. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I just had a bit of a play with the Virtual DJ 2023 demo and Traktor over past couple of days. Both are actually decent and I was actually surprised how Virtual DJ is right up there now and felt in the same ball park as even Rekordbox and Serato, even their Uai now looking cleaner and less toy-like! Their Stems feature was pretty impressive too and seemed to use way less CPU than Serato when doing equivalent things.

12. nenemalo

nenemalo Noisemaker

Hard to believe for many of you I guess, but to me Virtual Dj 2023 is just now the best DJ software in the market, by a mile.

13. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I am wanting to give it a go, but it seems like it's behind a paid wall to use with my controller and so on, as the free version seems to be limited to keyboard and mouse use only. Would be great if it popped up on the sister site to fully test out before purchasing, but it does look like it's much improved in recent years.