New Nebula Libraries

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by TruBlood, Mar 20, 2017.

1. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

Respectfully folks, please support these single manned 3rd party Nebula vendors. Their hard work should be rewarded and they sell libraries so cheap.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. Mystic Studios

Mystic Studios Noisemaker

I PM'd you.

3. giancarlo

giancarlo Producer

I second that

4. returnal

returnal Rock Star

I'm about to pull the trigger on N4, but I'm curious if you also get N3 when you buy N4 (so you can still buy and use the 3rd party N3 libs with the skins)?

5. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

I was wondering about this too and contacted Acustica and it seems that N4 is a completely new product and not an upgrade and that you don't get N3 thrown in when you buy N4. Pity.
    Also something else:> If N4 is more optomised and uses less CPU then why are the system requirements so much higher for N4 over N3???

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. thedudeman

thedudeman Member

You do not get N3, but all third party libraries have worked for me in N4.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

How about the skins?

8. digitaldragon

Is anyone aware of any third party compressor development with N4 yet?

9. returnal

returnal Rock Star

That's unfortunate. I don't see why they wouldn't. Why not? One of the things I really love about Airwindows is that when you buy a plug you get all of the previous iterations of that plug (if you want them) - which is awesome because sometimes "improvements" can bring changes in sonic character that aren't always appropriate to the material at hand.
    Since you need a much faster CPU to run it, it uses less of it! :rofl:

10. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I have both nebula 3.9 and now N4 an if you have a killer CPU theirs really not much of a Difference to even worry bout the usage guys... but i think N4 is the way to go for anyone who doesnt own either of them cause its the New Wave of Nebula and will come up and along with the new Tech advances \m/

11. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not considering buying N3 instead of N4 … Just wishing (greedily) that N4 came bundled with N3.

12. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Can any N4 users comment on the authorization process. Apparently they have an app called Aquarius that you have to use and that could be a pain in the arse. How many authorizations do you get?? and crucially, is there an offline authorization option??

13. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Acquarius actually makes things much easier, and for me it works. So do offline authorizations (well you have to go on their website from another computer). You have up to 5 authorizations per plugs (that's new it used to be two), and if you use them all (computer explodes, etc.) you can write to them and explain to get more (I've had one cancel as I refreshed the window on their website while doing the authorization process and I accidentaly used two authorization at once, they took back the number to one). So far TBH I've used only two (I use Vienna, all my acquas and nebulas are on two set up), and since I can save the files that get the authorization done, as long as I don't change computer my authorization number will stay still, I can backup the files if I do a system reinstall. Cheers.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  14. oisinn

oisinn Ultrasonic

Thanks for the swift response Talmi. I've just noticed there is now a N4 manual to download on the Acustica site that wasn't there before, if anybody is interested:like:

15. digitaldragon

From what I just read on the Acustica dashboard, Aquarius doesn't support offline authorization at the moment.

16. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah I meant (I thought I explained okay, sorry about that) that you can either authorize with a connected computer through acquarius, or authorize by importing the authorization file from an online computer that can go on the acustica website to your offline setup. Or you can authorize through the acustica website from your main online computer without using acquarius.

17. digitaldragon

@Talmi, just wanted to clarify. I just registered the Trial versions of Sand and Gold for evaluation, and saw it then. The licensing procedure was quite easy, I just wish I could have played with the trials this weekend instead of having to wait until I got to an internet connected PC.

18. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah it's not ideal, agreed, I tend to consider that we all always have connected devices beside our producing computer, which obviously isn't always the case. I'm guessing the procedure can be done from any smartphone or laptop, it's just a matter of going to their website uploading a file and then downloading one, but even that sometimes isn't possible. Still your computer where your AA products are installed don't need to be online to get them authorized (except if you use acquarius), and some other products or protection systems don't offer the possibility to authorize anything if you don't have an internet connection on the computer where they run, which with AA isn't the case. It's a bit like the cytomic authorization process it relies partly on your hardware identification so at some point transmitting it to them has to be done. I'm not sure they'll ever get around that.

PS : great choice, sand and gold are awesome.
    Also diamond eq which I was hesitant to get as there were no presale price (I know, I'm cheap, I already have a discount, but well...) is very nice. Just seems to work on anything, the HMF and HF bands make things shine in a very seducing way. Great pre, again, on this one too.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  19. digitaldragon

Yes, in my case, internet connection is totally dependent on the weather if trying to use a cellular device. Wind was blowing all weekend! :drummer:
    When I initially tried to register, I was using Internet Explorer. It wouldn't let me upload the .ser file. Gave a file size error. I ended up using Firefox.
    I wonder how a mobile browser would work with it.

20. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Man must have been a looong W-E waiting for being able to use those....:crazy: I hate when this happens. You also have companies that send authorization files/keys manually, so if you order the W-E you have to wait office hour to use the plug you just bought ! I recently had the experiment, really bugged me.
    I had my situation in mind (my music setups are always offline, I have a dedicated setup to go online), but clearly there are flaws in this system according to everyones situations. I read on the forum that some people have troubles authorizing, for example I had no problem authorizing demos of Magenta and Navy when I tried it exept in Reaper (worked in Bidule or samplitude but not in Reaper), where it always appeared unauthorized despite the fact that it was in every other configurations. :unsure:. The full version (at least for Navy, I didn't get Magenta) didn't have any of that problem, it's all working fine in reaper and elsewhere.