NEW Maxforlive Device “Oscilloscope” !

Discussion in 'Live' started by ARFAL, Nov 18, 2021.

1. ARFAL

ARFAL Member

"Docked" version has also been updated !

"Oscilloscope (docked)"

22-05-08_v1.04:
    - FIXED: Note display now disappears when no pitch is detected.

22-05-06_v1.03:
    - NEW: Mid/Sides mode added,
    - NEW: Pitch detection added for "Manual" mode,
    - NEW: init sends & receives replaces loadbangs,
    - FIXED: "live.scope failed resize" error for some Win users,
    - Minor patch modifications.

[​IMG]

2. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

Can you tell me more about histoscope? I thought that oscilloscope had a bar sync function, but it sadly has not. Is histoscope a new update for oscilloscope?

3. muse2love

muse2love Producer

I ARfal

I own a legit copy

still wondering if you managed to fixed the multiple screen issue as I recall when working with 2 screen it was totally impossible the drag the floating resizable window over the 2nd monitor

Let me know if that is fixed or when will it be ?
    THankS
    Peace

4. ARFAL

ARFAL Member

Hi @VSKZ & @muse2love !

@VSKZ
    Sorry for replying so late I didn't get the notifications, or I didn't see them...

I think this part of the description give all the answers :)

"Oscilloscope" has been initially designed to act like a traditional oscilloscope with the addition of a filter to stabilise the visualization, and more important synchronised on a periodical basis by detecting the incoming pitch (C2 or G2 will display the same number of periods). It was made to observe tonal content at first (basses, synths).

On another hand, I’m working on a device called « Histoscope » based on beat synchronisation and mainly designed to observe audio in a « wider » way. Since UI and process are totally different I decided to separate these in 2 devices.
    I invite you visit my Facebook or Tweeter account, where I occasionally publish « work in progress » gifs

@muse2love
    First of all, thank you for your support !

Since the space available known as the "desk" seems to be considered as a "map", where there are all the coordinates. Allowing negative values for "Position" boxes should fix the problem. I updated this in the last update but didn't try myself because I don't have a second monitor available for now... Please tell me if that work for you. Don't hesitate to contact me directly by email ;)

About dragging the floating window, it's actually not possible. I implemented this at the beginning of the development but it was more as source of issues and for few reasons I decided to not keep this solution. I thought that was not a big deal since, most of the time, you make your configuration once and you don't move the window, and if you have to, you can make internal "presets" and recall them.
    I'm looking again at this function because I think it could be more intuitive, it could be on a future update but not a priority for now.

5. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

@ARFAL this looks really good man i love the color scheme also and the elegant look u got