new gadget for the studio

Discussion in 'Studio' started by zspin.stomp.shuffle, Sep 3, 2012.

1. zspin.stomp.shuffle

zspin.stomp.shuffle Newbie

:thumbsup: call me a studio setup a holic. i have an Audio Technica Podcast Mic(USB) and a AKGD5 Vocal mic with the filter/desk stand which is great of course I can't take them far. Now I ordered today a portable Voice Recorder you can see model/features from link.

http://www.shopping.com/q47-panasonic-rrxs410/ruulQAFSlZV6cl6Iu-ECpw==/info?sb=1

i guess there's also good benefits of having it handy. eg, take it to a very quiet room, record a group of friends, wav quality. Of course mobile phones do a similar thing but I thought this will do a better job a bit better freq. range/file quality.

Anyone use them to produce tracks?? Think they're worth the cash? :dunno:

3. fritoz

fritoz Ultrasonic

i used to use the old school tape recorders that were shaped just like that to record stuff live...but of course with horrible quality! those were analog everything days then, now we live in the digital age, so recording right to a .wav file is amazing!

i have wanted one of these for a while!

if you record outside, be mindful of the wind on the mic, sometimes i used to use foam around the mic to reduce wind sounds..

anyway, enjoy your new toy!

4. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

I know a lady that records choir rehearsal with a little portable, but I don't know the make or model. It has two built in condenser mics already set upon X Y axis, with built in pads and roll offs. Those are a couple steps up in price, but very handy. In a similar price range check out the Tascam PR-10. http://www.sweetwater.com/c1006--Portable_Recorders

5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

I like my Zoom H1 and H4. They're both portable and offer great sound quality. Both offer 24/96 playback/recording to WAV, H4 has even XLR inputs with phantom power and it still fits right in your pocket.

H1 was more affordable ($99), however both are just great.

6. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I have a TASCAM portable myself, but I use it only for recording where I cannot get my studio gear out. Its outstanding and can record 8 hours in a row with my two AKG 214 phantom mics! Worth all the money!

:wink:

7. zspin.stomp.shuffle

zspin.stomp.shuffle Newbie

cool sounds promising. yeah i noticed that mine has a mic/line in. gr8 but mine is 1/4 inch jack not xlr connection. i have the converter can still put my akgD5 into it. the foam yeah for the wind thanks i'll look into it. :mates: