New EP: Rituals (3 tracks; techno, ambient)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Backtired, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Hey AudioSlaves how are you doing
    I give you two "soft techno" tracks (it's still techno, just with some ambient influences I guess, I don't know) and an ambient track (which, honestly, was put together real quick and isn't really that great, but I had an idea in mind for too long and wanted to close this EP).

I think I nailed the mix and mastering, especially on the first two. Sounds are clear, although I have to say it's not much going on: every sound has its frequency and nothing is clashing. It was fun making new tracks and I don't stop learning, that's the best part.

Overall pretty happy, hope you will enjoy as well and won't find them boring or anything :bow:

3. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

Hey man I was curious. What synth are you using for the ambient fx and sounds?

4. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

What are you referring to?
    The backgrounds in the first two tracks, or something else, or even the third track?

5. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

I'm referring to all the tracks in general. Anything we might consider an ambient type sound. They are more prevalent in Evokation, for example. And yes i am aware you might be using more than one synth and and multiple sample packs. Which is why i asked, which ones are you using?

6. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

They are all just generic samples (I honestly don't remember what I took, I probably chopped the tail of some background noises I think, like children playing or it was a train station) processed heavily.
    Lots and lots of reverb; two/three send effects in the mixer channel and I automated manually the send amount for the whole duration of tracks (sometimes you hear the background "moving", that's the effect). What effect I used? Pitch shifting, delay, more reverb; sometimes I even automated the reverb parameters. Ah yeah, one thing I did to make sure everything was in key was layering a synth pad with the whole thing (and fused it with the background, obviously, so all the effects were applied to it as well). I just hit a basic chord, recorded it and looped it together with the background.

Evokation is just bad and it's mostly preset :(
    Most of the sounds are just synths with delay and reverb, and some samples to fill everything up.

The sounds you hear are so basic, the idea is just "take anything, chop it up and apply reverb"

EDIT: I explained a bit here
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/being-creative-with-sampling.26854/#post-215062

7. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Awesome!

8. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

Duh! I can hear that. I not asking how you processed the sounds, I was asking what synth/or synths you were using specifically by name, and also, what samples. But since you have a hard time understanding simple questions. Nevermind.

It's like if i asked you what guitar you recorded with and you proceeded to tell me what amp or pedals it's plug into.

9. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

You cut only the part you wanted to cut lol, there's something else other than the words you quoted.
    Btw nice attitude. How do I have to explain to you that most of those sounds can be done with anything? The first song it's literally two sine waves (bass + melody), the background and the drums. The second is mostly the same, just the bass has more character.
    Why would you want to know what I used? Do you realize where we are; samples? Lol

Ok I used Vengeance and Nexus :mad:

Thanks quakeaudio, glad you like the tracks

10. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Ok I found an old version of the project (I delete all the stuff after I publish, only save scores and some informations):

• I really did use Nexus for the sine waves
    • The kicks are made from Punchbox using the sinewave or the 909 generator
    • Nexus is literally the only synth generating sound in the first track, lol
    • I used BLUE II in the second track, nothing else
    • Samples are taken from various stuff (Vengeance, Waves Complete Drums, Zero-G, but again literally does it matter?)
    Next time you could ask some smarter questions mate. I could have understood if you ask this on a complex track, but this is literally two drums and a synth :dunno:

11. nastybobby

nastybobby Kapellmeister

I really like the first track, it's beautifully trancey, without being Trancey. Could really imagine losing myself to it in a club and I can imagine lots of DJ's that play that style of stuff being into it. It's the perfect kind of track for when you just want people to do nothing else but zone out and dance. As for mixing/mastering/production, it all sounds fine to my ears, admittedly only listening via a laptop though [I'm sure you'll have listened far more extensively]. You should definitely fire off some copies to labels/DJ's that you think will be into it.
    :) [It gets my smiley face, original 1988 acid house raver seal of approval.]

12. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

This was all i wanted know.

How is my question un-smart? So you seem to think i am asking you about how you designed the sound but I'm not.

13. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

You don't happen to like The Age of Love-The Age of love by any chance?

14. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Eh eh
    I have to admit that was not my original inspiration though
    Is there somebody who doesn't like The age of love? One day I'll do something with a classic trance feeling, but for now I need to become better, need to be worthy to at least try :bleh:

15. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

With the bass and percussion, then that arp sound in the fist track, that's the tune that came into my head. Don't worry though, as consider that a good thing.
    I remember dancing in clubs to it.
    IMHO, there's no better time than the present. Trying something is how you become better and grow.