New ep from my proyect (blackmetal)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by spawnofblood, Jun 27, 2021.

Tags:
  1. spawnofblood

spawnofblood Member

Hi, I'm Alexis from Astral, a onemanband recently published a new ep. I hope you like it. Some influences are dso, mgla, Mournful Congregation. Fast and dense dark sound I hope you like it and thank you for your time

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. LeviD

LeviD Ultrasonic

Hi. Nice songs. You've done well. I'd like to offer a mix reference if I may. This reference was the first thing I thought of when listening to your stuff. I was thinking, "wouldn't these sound great if the mixes could be on par with..."

4. spawnofblood

spawnofblood Member

thanks for listening and your time

5. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Personally I liked your EP and hope to hear more in the future! I could hear the Mgla influence in there but the vocals reminded me a bit of Carpathian Forest because your voice is deep in comparison to most shrieky bm vocals.

DIY bm is all about raw aesthetic when it comes to mixing so it's a personal choice.
    With that in mind the only criticism I might add was to bring your drums up with your vox sitting on top and upfront of your kick and snare in terms of levels so your guitars aren't overpowering the mix.

I was wishing I could hear your vocals better the entire time but everything is already there for a good bm record.

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

If you make the effort to play and mix the drums and vocals, why don't you make them audible in an appropriate way?

Of course with an appropriate mix/master it should sound even better.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Nice! Metalhead here. Perhaps it can use some changes in the mix. I leave that to the users already suggesting changes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. spawnofblood

spawnofblood Member

a personal choice not all music projects you hear the drums and the voice in front ty for your time

9. spawnofblood

spawnofblood Member

thank you very much for your time and your words

10. spawnofblood

spawnofblood Member

ty

11. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Nice music !
    Metalhead here too :wink:

I'm used to onemanbands (blackmetal, cybermetal...). And can tell you your EP is very good.
    May like voice and snare a little louder and small things like this.
    Those details are not that important : you released it and it is more important :mates:
    Thanks for sharing it here :mates:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. spawnofblood

spawnofblood Member

Thank you very much man I appreciate it very much

13. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Oh well if you went that route on purpose as a stylistic choice then disregard everything I said because you did a great job. I hope you send your EP out to some channels so they could promote your work in their blog.

14. spawnofblood

spawnofblood Member

If it is part of the aesthetic that I wanted to give it but but I have your words in mind, thank you for your time

15. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I do know in bm they sometimes have the vocals blended in with or behind the instrumentation, especially in chant-like ways. As of lately there have been a few releases in bm that have this type of vocal style in mind such as this Greek release from 2 weeks ago.

So keep up with your work however you'd like, it's DIY BM so only you get to decide I just mistook your post for criticism when it wasn't actually looking for any to begin with. I look forward to your next release and hope you post again!

I was only saying you have deep rich vocals that are actually underutilized in bm because vocals like that are unique so they should shine more upfront at least hopefully in some of your later works in the future. Deep & low bm vocals are my all time favorite since I'm sure you can nail those shrieks too, as I can already hear in your EP.