New Elements on the Windows Desktop Placement

Discussion in 'Software' started by flworius, Oct 10, 2016.

1. flworius

flworius Member

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way mb in the registry to specify the place where windows drop new elements, speaking links, downloads, rendered audio file etc., when saved on the desktop ?
    The default place is one the on the left top corner of Screen1....
    I have two screens and depending on what I work on, daw, , browser etc fullscreen on Screen1 (which needs to stay Screen1 for when I'm gaming) and my Explorer and desktop each taking up half the screen on screen 2....so the half of screen 2 is my designated drag and drop area....Made a screenshot for further explanation.
    Would be totally handy if those new files appear let´s say under the "Programme" folder....black bar in the image cause the right screen, nr2, is my laptops 17" fhd with lower resolution to keep fonts big enough , main screen 24" fhd ......
    Also if anyone knows a way/program to change the Font size on an expanded Screen without changing the Resolution, would be very helpful too....

btw., as you can see in the screenshot, I'm working with Clover which i recommend highly. It enables Tabs for the Windows Explorer...very useful and brings more overview and also let you drop links in the top bar...if there is still need for more explorer windows, still possible anyways. screenie.jpg .

3. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Dude, buy a Mac! lol

Just joking, man...

Well, I'd like to know if it's possible to do that as well. One of my monitors is a projector that I use to watch movies. I hate it when my stuff randomly goes to the projector's desktop, which is turned off when I'm working...So things basically disappear...

By the way, thanks for the heads up about Clover. I'm trying it right now and loving it. This should be a feature.

R.