New dubstep preview (sorry for posting so much but i would love some feedback on this track too)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by ROARsounds, Jan 17, 2013.

1. ROARsounds

ROARsounds Newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e3wm5202Qk

Again sorry but if u like it please subscribe and like my facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ekinox/392824524126295

3. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

The Basses are pretty cool, but a little bit to loud compared to the beat in my opinion. The end seems unfinished, but I guess thats because the track is unfinished *yes*
    The ARP in the beginnig seems get lost, maybe you need to lower the other synth a little bit. That other synth seems also very harsh to me, but I guess that depends on personnaly taste.
    All in all I like the track, needs some mixing but its pretty cool yet

4. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Pretty agree with Someone, you should sidechain the basses to let the kick and the snare breathe. More EQ in instruments to give them more place in the spectrum (so you won't need to push the basses loudness to to give them presence). Check an EQ chart and clean every frequency that you don't need. Other than that i love it.

5. brain-s

brain-s Newbie

Very nice Bassssss!!! Massive??

6. xsze

xsze Guest

http://www.youtube.com/user/toprekmusic

Follow this guy, shame he don't have bigger audience :)

7. ROARsounds

ROARsounds Newbie

U know it

8. fuad

fuad Producer

I agree that damn bass is killer..overall a few comments on the track...I tyink you should pitch that synth an octave higher as well to create more interest in the track and some variation, because as it stands, there are few point of interest in the track, although the beat kicks ass..

the track is on the muddy side overall..I suggest you back, reset all your levels and dive into your eq's for each of the tracks. Start with your kick and make sure it sits 3-4dB higher than all your other tracks..eq it if necessary and remove unneeded low end, in dubstep especially because there are so many basses playing along with the kick you can get away with taking out quite a bit of the low end from the kick and still get the punch you need.

Put a sidechain on the basses and synths..so that when the kick hits, everything else is ducked..but not for long..you want it to be a very short burst rather than a pump (0-5ms attack, 15-30ms release on the sidechain compressor)..if you want some pumping then let the higher synths pump harder with longer release times on the sidechain. it will give the track a whole new level of energy. Overall the track has a buildup of frequencies at around 500-1000Hz..again go back to each element of the track and eq as needed, cut away the harsh frequencies..any synth that's not a bass should be heavily filtered up to 200-300Hz depending on where your bass synths are playing.

You've got a great start here, I think also the quality of the sound on youtube is not doing the track justice.