New Convolution Reverb from Spitfire Audio for 279 EUR

Discussion in 'Software News' started by phloopy, May 21, 2024.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I think I have a great product for you. You can find it here. That is, unless my eyes are just going funny from the difficulty in trying to process the mind-blowing information you are sharing.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

But in all serious, I studied economics and like to think I have a pretty good understanding of the Laws of Markets. As a fellow student of Say's Law of Markets, I'm sure you will appreciate that it is a theory entirely based on the argument that the ability to purchase a product entirely depends on the ability to be able to produce something and generate income from it. It is nothing to do with expecting things for free and refusing to buy in the vain hope that the price goes down, which is frankly something I can't ever recall in any economic principle or theory I've ever studied.

Which is exactly what I was saying, and also being the exact opposite of what you are claiming the Law of Markets is. Unless you have far superior IQ and intellect for us mere peasants to fathom, of course?! :rofl:

I will happily refuse to pay for your music though, and encourage everyone else to do the same, waiting for you churn our your operatic hymns and arias to us all for free while nourishing yourself off those breadcrumbs and water before you sleep on them weeks old newspapers for some cushioning! You're such a good egg! :wink:

Last edited: May 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

All hope is lost, abandon ship, the woman and children first....

[​IMG]

4. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

You are talking about the laws of supply and demand . A study of the microeconomics subject.
    but your thinking is flawed because

1. You got it backwards - is the other way around, the SELLER sets the price first. The higher the price less people buy, the lesser the price more people will buy.

2. Digital Domain - in practice is not perfectly what you describe.There are many variables, and here we are talking of the digital domain and his supply of product is infinite, this pricing can be little more complex.

3. Marketing - Some entrepreneurs have no ideia of this dynamic, and some companies like to keep a smaller revenue but keep the status of 'boutique' products, this is a strictly marketing decision not economic. They don't want to lower their prices because that would result in a lower perceived quality of their products, and a change their niche.

4. Elasticity - some products are just not worth to reduce its price. Imagine cigarettes, people are addicted they will not stop smoking because the prices are higher, they will keep buying them even with inflated prices. Likewise people usually won't smoke more just because cigarettes are cheaper now.

Bottom line: you are assuming the seller will always try to maximize his revenue of each of his product. (which is very logical, but untrue)
    Reality: the seller just pick whatever price he wants. Just because his products are selling less doesn't necessarily mean he will lower his prices, neither should he (more variables should be taken in consideration).

Last edited: May 25, 2024
  5. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

please don't call it that :rofl:

EDIT: sorry just found out you're right!! I've studied the Say's Law of Market in my native language and we don't call it that.
    Also the correct word would be supply, not offer like I said.
    Double sorry.
    :knock:

Last edited: May 24, 2024
  6. ChemicalJobby

ChemicalJobby Member

Who do they think they are, plugin alliance!?

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Wow! For a moment there I thought this was the Nebula thread. Popcorn anyone?

8. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Only 279. Interesting.