New AudioZ improvement suggestions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alpha0ne, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

I agree with the darkness being a problem. A pro graphic designer told me some time ago, '..never use white type on black because it makes your eyes work harder and therefore is tiring for the eyes.' Sometimes after reading and I look away I get this after-image like when you look into the sun or from a camera flash. The solution is to give users the choice to change the colour of the board in their own settings - if this board doesn't have that option then it's not all that great is it. If it does have that option, sorry, I haven't looked for it. Also, your friends (or people who want something from you) will always tell you what you want to hear to please you if you ask them what they think of something you've made because they don't want to hurt your feelings or for fear of losing their place in the friendship circle. So asking 'do you like the new board?' is an opportunity for people to try to get into your friendship circle by saying everything is great, when in reality they might not mean it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hello, Thankful, also audio lovers,
    one would not think that such small white lies, call them even tiny manipulation attempts, are really that burdensomely complicated tasks to see through... :yes:

the background colour of posts to be set in user preferences is one good suggestion (on both operating systems, everywhere where applicable, my background colour is 191 191 191, foreground colour is 000 007 013, quite pleasant for, at least my, tired eyes). :yes:

the post foreground or text colour is already user definable. :yes:

have to admit, this became somewhat confusing, but this thread, at least originally, was meant about the betterment of the audioz site. :yes:

ooooops, was your post also meant about that??? now here is more confusion (or am really that dead tired)... :dunno:

wish all the best for all of us, plus loads more user preferences to set... :bow:

later edit, post scriptum, will not delete this post, it will stay here, for eternity, as witness to how stupefied, demented, one might became after tiring long hours of work... :replace_me:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

The new design is a bit easier on the eyes, with posts easier to differentiate from background, but for my taste (for whatever that's worth), an all-dark theme, with different shades or colors to differentiate fields, and light-colored text. Black text on white background is good for, and held-over from, printing on paper; on screen, it's an asault to the eyes. For some reason, however, people who share my opinion seem to be in the minority, but since color/darkness/brightness is such a common issue, the ability to "theme" one's logged-in view would be really popular.

4. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Jup i know it's hard when you work hard to do something new for comunity, give them for free and then some of them don't like it(like me). Well as "thanful" say i am prety convinced a lot of people don't like new design or at least color palete. A lot more than results sugested. But they are just nice guys. That don't by any mean means, we (who don't like it and say that) don't appreciate your hard work and what you all involved do for community. In this place i can only say big thank you and hats off to you all. Again that doesn't mean i should like it if i don't(talking about design of course not about funcionality). What is not understandable here i don't know. The new design(specially chosen color palette) is chaotic for eyes. Of course we can adjust to that, but that is not point. You certanly will not buy speaker or picture who's sound or portret you don't like and say well i need just adjust to that and try hard to like it. Yeah this site is for free, but those rules are the same. If something you like, you will know and like it imidietlly. Say all that, this is not criticising, is just my point of view. So my suggestion is, give people at least options for color palete to choose from if it is possible.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  5. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

Is possible to put the Z audiosex feed at the bottom of audiosex homepage?

I find this feed window useful but is main reason i open Z before come here.

6. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Go to Navigation > New Posts at the top of the screen. Same thing, sorta. I think that's one of those "new features" Catalyst is always squawking about :rofl:

7. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

Ok so is same but less topics list and more info of the post. Same thing, sorta. yes close enough. i remove request.

8. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

when did audioz change its look?

9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

10. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

11. eddielee

eddielee Kapellmeister

Its own forum for discussing warez

12. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

Instructions a bit more clear on Posting

when a post is not correctly formatted would be nice if the MODS helped the USER instead of deleting the post and telling poster to read the rules with no explanation of what rule has been broken

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

How does one incorrectly format a post?

Just type what you want to say... done?:rofl:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Pereira

Pereira Producer

I absolutely agree. Somewhere to give and receive help and freely discussing about warez quality without "dirting" Audiosex.
    See CGpersia site for graphic and its forum; low level, I agree, but a lot of cooperation and feedbacks, also during time.

15. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

The prodcut images are too small.

16. Ankit

Ankit Guest

It would be better if we can search more than 75 posts:guru:

17. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

Apparently i found a way, but i think it was on the sister site... i get lost here sometimes on where im at. audiotex is laid out well i think because the sister site is comical in its layout. audiotex is the bees knees

18. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

there is a DuckDuckGo widget on the right side, at the Search page. use it :yes:

19. curtified

curtified Rock Star

Could you add images to the RSS feed? It currently has Audioz logo for every post

20. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Would be great to see which discussions one took part in on the "new postings" page, indicated by a small icon or sth. like this...