New Arturia Essential Keylab 49 mk3 : Question on registering/DL bundle

Discussion in 'Software' started by drdank713, Jul 20, 2023.

1. drdank713

drdank713 Newbie

Just picked up the "new" 49-key Arturia Keylab Essential mk3 which comes bundled with some software that I've linked below.

https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/keylab-essential-mk3/includedsoftware

My question is this: If I go into ASC or the Arturia website and enter my unused/l MIDI's serial number and decide to download let's say The UVI Piano D & Native Instruments "The Gentleman, is there a potential that this would cause my wonderfully operating V collection synths and FX to fly off somehow?

My first guess is no, considering i started legit when I first purchased the MiniLab mkII and have since cracked the F out of every Arturia synth and effects under the same login/arturia account.

NOTE: Im running on a M1 Macbook Pro running Ventura 13.4.1. This is important bc I know that R2R has their own cured version of ASC that runs a bit smoother on Windows. So my apologies for not just posting this in the Mac OS section, but i figured I'd cast a wider net to see if anybody has encountered this or pulled it off without any issues. Thanks in advance for any feedback! Also, anybody else grab this MIDI keyboard? If so, what do you feel are the Pros/Cons?

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

if i was worried about breaking current setup, i would do a Time Machine backup. The two products you asked about are maybe not the best examples, because neither of them were made by Arturia. (Other than "tone2 incident") installing software from any competitor vendor should never impact the users current installation of someone else's software. It doesn't matter to UVI or NI if they can break your Arturia installations or if you paid anyone for them. You could encounter something like that with Umbrella parent companies being the same, but that is still unlikely. Especially if they would have to go back in the programming to do it; that is just all work for nothing.