Never understood why being a "nerd" or intelligent is considered lame.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jake Jlinngall, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Ghaleon777

Ghaleon777 Guest

Totally, mate...

I have seen lots of guys who are frustrated on the internet and need to "vent" about what they dont like... The truth is, they wont change sh*t complaining about other people. Like you said, work on yourself, focus on YOU and everything will be easier. Happened to me, so i feel OP at some point.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

For the record - I studied math, descriptive geometry, statics.. complex programs used in architecture, engineering, design.. piano and music in general. But I also liked partying hard, having fun with girls, dancing, listening to music of all kinds...

I see a lot of: "I have done everything right in my life (studied, worked hard,..), where is my reward now?"
    Well, it does not work this way.

I recommend reading some history books (because that thing seems to repeat itself) and in general try to get a wider view at how the world really turns around. Also, intelligence comes in different "flavors".. so does "happiness" :)

3. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

i love bill gates for beeing in that garage and never using a shower. this is hard af.

4. MotherSraoak

MotherSraoak Newbie

Stop seeking approval from people.
    And stop whining like an emo nerd.

Thank me later.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

Stupidity is becoming so rampantly widespread and dangerous it is affecting our daily lives and soon it end up destroying everthing we value and cherish.

We are rapidly approaching a state of crisis and entering an age of revolutions, and then when the people shall have nothing more to eat, they will eat the rich.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

If we're going to eat the rich we'll need help from the kids. :winker:
    Below is a near perfect example of how to be the opposite of stupid at just ten years old!
    Just do your own thing with real passion, joy, and dedication - no excuses!

Eat The Rich - Aerosmith / Cover by Yoyoka

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEATEezZxqM

p.s. she's already covered many great drummers - just cos she loves doing it!

7. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

"work" under the condition of capitalism is often such a shit in practice(sic) that people think of "work" as something negative (because it is for them) and rather hang around than doing something useful, rather consume than create.

artists, scientists, political activists, or sucessfully self-employed people proceed like "live to work, not work to make a living" - and the others have no chance to understand that, because they are bound in chains.

my friends often ask me "why do you help homeless dudes instead of making money and driving around in a porsche?" or "why do you hang around at your computer the whole day, dont you have a TV?" but i dont have a TV because consuming bores me.

or maybe i am just obsessed wtih the things i do.

8. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

The usage of the word nerd has obliterated the hateful connotation of the past and for the many has been elevated into the celebrity social sublime. Fools and their minions who cannot intelligently ponder further than the tips of their foolish nose would be grateful to the heady nerd who literally pisses on them after a meeting with a jellyfish and it's painful sting.

And thank you Kelly LeBrock (as the conjured Lisa in the 80's film Weird Science) for your beautiful and oh so sexy mind while helping me in the past to rise to many an intellectual occasion.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  9. 9zEA8wHJ7jWG

9zEA8wHJ7jWG Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2021
  10. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

@Lois Lane... I'll swap you a defence for some advice.

The Advice: (for me please)
    For 'rising to an intellectual occasion'? is that left handed or right handed? :dunno: I wouldn't want to mess anything up.

The Defence: (for you) just in case anyone tries to accuse you of injecting smutty innuendo into the thread.
    According to older dictionaries (and maybe newer nerdy dictionaries too),
    the word Ejaculate means "to exclaim or say something suddenly and quickly"
    and an Ejaculation means "a short prayer darted out occasionally, without solemn retirement"

Stephen Fry explored the places where the word ejaculate was used in Sherlock Holmes stories and found the following....
    Watson ‘ejaculates’ twice as often as Sherlock Holmes in Conan Doyle’s stories. There are 23 ejaculations in total, with 11 belonging to Watson. On one occasion, Holmes refers to Watson’s ‘ejaculations of wonder’ being invaluable; on another, Watson ejaculates ‘from his very heart’ in the direction of his fiancee. Holmes is only responsible for six ejaculations, although it is not clear which of the two men ejaculate in the passage below: ‘So he sat as I dropped off to sleep, and so he sat when a sudden ejaculation caused me to wake up, and I found the summer sun shining into the apartment. The pipe was still between his lips...’ A chap called Phelps ejaculated three times during the story of ‘The Naval Treaty.’ The only other ejaculator is Mrs. St. Clair’s husband, who ejaculates at her from a second-floor window in the story ‘The Man with the Twisted Lip.’

I suspect we haven't seen the last ejaculation into this thread :unsure:

11. GT33

GT33 Kapellmeister

Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu
    switch it to dumb & smart :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

Nerdiness, Stupidity and Intelligence are Relative and Not mutually exclusive..

Intelligent ppl in one/many areas, can be helplessly Stupid in other areas,
    Nerds can be the most Normal and average ppl, and viceversa.. :yes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Every person who comes in this world wants to develop and learn something.
    If the environment and people are hostile, stupid, and loveless, you will get the people you described.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  14. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Because once in a stable relationship, nerds have the best sex ever.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Never assume. I might be double jointed and need neither hand.

In the interest of brevity we decided on just a quicky prayer, solemnly, again, though which might re-tire me.

[​IMG]

Not if I can help it.

16. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It's nice that you worry about your fellow human beings.

The people you describe are victims of society, the society in which these children grew up is a loveless, warlike and misanthropic world. Psychpatients who rule, non-reality television programs that condemn violence and the destruction and exploitation of nature. Plus starvation wages and oppression by the elites. First you have to recognize the causes and then change society, then you will also get dear, intelligent people.

17. Jake Jlinngall

Jake Jlinngall Kapellmeister

18. Jake Jlinngall

Jake Jlinngall Kapellmeister