Never expected this

Discussion in 'Collaborations' started by kooper, Jan 8, 2018.

1. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

I met a guy from Canada online. We are both members of this music/collab site and I was helping him with some production issues on one of his songs. As his video here shows, he is def into the rock scene. He was browsing some of the projects on my site (I have them listed), and he found one of my bedtracks he liked. He told me it would not be one I would excpect given his video. He was right. Check out the contrast in styles:

And here is the unlikely track of mine that he liked and wrote and sung on.

Just goes to show, you never know when, or where someone is going to like one of your tracks and jump in. Some sit for years before someone finishes them. The thing is...... the only way people are gonna get this type of help is to shop them around. It's why I have my "in process" tracks on a list for people to browse and maybe join in on. I can show you my list and show you how to do the same with your list if you want. It has worked really well for me. PM me if you want to check into this.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

it reminds me of the buddhist process of letting go.
    it basically is abandoning expectation of any logic outcome of your actions to eventually let the energy of action manifest its course.
    this way avoids desire to be turned into control
    :bow:

4. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

Even HE was surprised he wanted to sing on a country tune.

5. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

country music! ......there is no more to say before i throw up

6. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

yet you bother to comment :trolls:

7. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

That is indeed pretty neat that he chose that one.
    I wrote one country-ish song in my life, and it's actually making it into the EP. Mix/production wise, it has always had a really nice sound and clarity that I always ended up aiming for in the other tracks.
    And country is like one of my least favoured genres, haha.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

A really good name for the thread. Both tracks have their qualities, though. It's a rather different genre, yes. My arse don't jive with country, but the "rock" one is adorable. :wink: I simply love the raw sound of it. Mixed so-so... but it's adorable to my raw-shit-distortion-analogue-noise loving ears. :wink: Thank dog it's not ITB dubstep. :rofl: Most of the tracks made ITB sound just sterile and fake to me. Although I would find that interesting, too. Thanks for posting this! :wink:

Cheers!

9. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

I guess the people who stick their finger down their throats at the mere mention of country (or any genre), help me make my point. This vocalist told me he has zero country in his collection, and just isn't into it as a rule, but he heard this track and liked it enough to join in. I can't say there is any one genre that I love every song in that playlist. It's a song by song thing with me and I try to keep an open mind. I am wondering why he went and listened to it if he doesn't care for country (the singer I mean). He was surprised he liked it which makes my whole point. If we keep an open mind and let our ears decide instead of our politics, the above can happen. I have often been surprised myself.

10. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

pretty cool tracks. the guy is a musical individual indeed. i don't see any serious contradiction but sure i get your surprise. :)

11. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

He was surprised too Eddie. Sounds like you are an open minded person who lets his ears decide. I supposed we know ahead of time what type of music we tend to like, so we use our time listening to those genres. It's a matter of efficiency and use of time I suppose. Maybe he had a listen to begin with because he was curious what I was into. I am all over the map as to my own likes. My project list is wide ranged for genre.