Never ever buy anything from Musician’s Friend site

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Xcarnation, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

IMO it kind of does. Short: at some point the contract have to be closed and valid. I can't worry till the end of my life that someone will come to my house demanding money, because they realized they made a "mistake". So it is down to their terms and conditions..

"In stores:
    If an item is priced incorrectly on the shelf, or scans at the wrong price at the till, retailers are under no obligation to honour it... BUT ..If a pricing mistake is not noticed and the customer pays for an item at the reduced cost, the purchase is considered a legally binding contract between the retailer and the customer."

"Online:
    The situation is not as clear-cut online.
    The legally binding contract is complete when a retailer accepts an order. However, acceptance does not necessarily happen at the point of order. Even the confirmation email may not be an acceptance. Some retailers reserve the right to cancel an order up to the point of delivery. It is therefore important to carefully check the retailer’s terms and conditions (which must be available on their website) and emails – if a retailer simply acknowledges an order, there may be no contract at that point."

So @yabiss - as the goods were already "delivered" to you, their last demand to close the contract was met.

“The growth of e-commerce creates huge potential for a computer glitch to lead to widespread pricing errors.. ..However, if the retailer has drafted its terms and conditions carefully – which XY appears to have done – then, unless it has deliberately misled customers, it will usually be legally entitled to cancel the order right up to the point of delivery. Whether it chooses to do so is a question of public relations, not legal rights.” - Stuart Helmer, of law firm CMS

And, I say - a potential to misled customers without consequences..

Edit: removed all the /rant, cause store action.. only useful information/quotes left.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. Pontius

Pontius Kapellmeister

I had a similarly unethical experience with Vintage King a while back. I tell anyone who will listen, I hope I've cost them some money at this point. Fucking scumbags.

3. Xcarnation

Xcarnation Ultrasonic

Well Today a gentleman from the Musician’s Friend company sent me an email and made a noble gesture ..
    they delivered my plugin and honored the deal ..
    they didnt even charge me with $19
    .. They gave it for free..
    I am thankful for this classy act.. and wanted to let you know too !
    All the best
    Cenk Eroglu

4. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

The Power of Audiosex.PRO!!! :chilling:

@Xcarnation, They probably aranged a deal with ST and decided to make the only right move! :yes: I will change my last post, so it remains as a reminder about what should we be careful of.. Great news! :wink:

5. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

6. Infidel

Infidel Producer

FYI - Guitar Center owns Musicians Friend.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. rah

rah Ultrasonic

"I don't believe them. Not selling to foreigners sounds more reasonable haha."

i believe this is a possible explanation.
    selling overseas can be thwarted by trade agreements with other companies in other countries who have an exclusive license to sell your product( regardless of the purchasing medium).

on top of which certain items under US laws cannot be sold overseas due to their categorization. eg. encryption technology due it being labelled as munitions( or weapons for the rest of us) without a licence.

8. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

@rah then why not declare this right from the start, like Amazon does?

9. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Hi,friend.
    You heard issues from Softube or Musician's "friend"?

10. rah

rah Ultrasonic

because these things can be wrapped up in legal confidentiality clauses.

mark and spencers ( UK) cannot sell to the persian gulf because the licence to trade as M&S inth gulf is owened by a Kuwaiti company who in turn licences M&S brand out to other gulf countries.. Its still M & S in say qatar( I used to buymy M&S there) but the licence to trade in that name is owned by someone other than,,,, M& S.

I only found because the ex missus was a lawyer in Qatar and had access to all the legal information that is not generally avaliabel to the public.

e commerce is a disrupter in the world of business and distribution

and business simply has not learnt to catch up... rather like the music business :)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Infidel

Infidel Producer

It does sound like a distribution thing. Companies make more off exclusive distribution agreements.

Musicians Friend International policy:

Live Outside the U.S.? No problem!
    We are pleased to provide an enhanced international shopping experience for customers in over 100 countries, with support for many more coming soon. As you shop internationally, we'll only show you items that ship to your country.

[​IMG]
    International shoppers get the benefit of:

• Prices shown in local currency
    • Guaranteed exchange rate at checkout
    • Guaranteed order totals (including shipping fees, duty and taxes)
    • Cost-effective international shipping
    • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and No-Hassle Return Policy

To shop internationally, look for the "Ship To" flag in the Services section at the bottom of the website and verify that it corresponds to the desired shipping destination. Click the "Ship To" flag to change countries, if necessary, and continue shopping as usual. Frequently Asked Questions

Not seeing the gear you're looking for? Call us at +1 801-501-8110 internationally or at 1-800-449-9128 from within the U.S. Feel free to contact us with your requests or questions.

12. It might not be the distributors but rather Softube itself having flubbed it. People buying from PluginDiscounts have had similar issues not honoring the deep discounted offer. Sorry, I misspoke and got it wrong.

13. Someware

Someware Ultrasonic

Hi All, it was me who posted the Heads up for this offer in the Software News Section, I only posted it after I had recieved my software licence and had logged it onto my ilok account and it all worked fine. I am very sorry for any inconvienience that may have been caused by all of this. I had no idea that they operated their company like this, and had I known I wouldn't have made the post or even bought it through them to begin with. I hope you all got refunded or got the software. I have zero affiliation to either companies and like you I am just a musician trying to get good plugins at a price that I can afford for my hobby. My lesson I have taken from this is that Musicians Friend are to be avoided and have no honour in their business. Also if it looks to good to be true it probably is.

Very sorry all for them been such low lifes! :(