Neve 5059 Satellite Summing

Discussion in 'Software News' started by StUtOpi4, Mar 3, 2024.

1. StUtOpi4

StUtOpi4 Producer

Great News!!

Product Details
    We've sampled all 16 channels of the infamous Neve 5059 Satellite summing unit, plus a few with the Silk Blue and Red Silk engaged, and now for the very first time in digital format you can now mix in real-time through Neve Summing, sending all your tracks, buses and master bus through the perfect analog recreation of the 5059 unit.

The Signature of Excellence

The most important element of the 5059 is its legendary sound. The keys to the sonic prowess of the 5059 are the custom transformers and true class-A topologies found within. The +/- 24V class-A topologies in the 5059 have been fine-tuned over a number of years to provide exceptional sonic performance and completely eliminate cross-over distortion. When combined with Mr. Rupert Neve’s transformer design and implementation, the 5059 achieves a remarkable purity, while also conveying the signature warmth and larger-than-life sound reminiscent of Rupert’s classic designs.

[​IMG]

Get ready to hear these profiles in action, a stunning 1:1 analog recreation that just brings your audio to life, Myself and my Beta tester were, and still are truly astounded every time we mix and hit that playback button with the summing engaged. If you want to put a smile on your clients faces then these Summing Profiles will be the magical icing on the cake. We can't fix my crap singing or bum guitar parts, but we can now polish a turd better than most using these state of the art rack mounted console summing recreations. ;-)

In use: Hearing is believing! The music image became larger, sweeter, more 3D, it will take your tracks, bus or master bus into the realms of perfection!. Many have already said the same thing about our analog recreations, "they just sound real", "I use the profiles alongside my real Neve and SSL outboard and there's no difference"

These statements have been made regularly over the years by plugin manufactures or by people that have never used analog.... for the first time this is now true and a reality!

Sampling: The sampling took over a week, running and re-running samples to find the sweet spot on the device, +8 was too much, + 4 not enough, +6 was perfection... plus we drove the input by 5dB, so over 11db of drive into the unit itself and adjusted the master output on the neve by -3dB;-)

At +6 we captured the magnificent Neve transformer saturation but not too much as to spoil things ;-) These profiles are guaranteed to improve any digital recording, adding the elusive analog non-linearities of the Satellite 5059 summing device. We tried to keep the levels of the profiles as near to unity as possible but you may need to tweak them and save the preset in Genome or your DAW channel.

Tony Platt's take on the 5059 Summing:(Credits https://rupertneve.com/)
    AC/DC, Motörhead, Cheap Trick, Foreigner, Bob Marley and the Wailers

Tony Said, “When I used to spend more time mixing on large-format analog boards, there was a certain sweet spot at which I could drive the mix bus to get just the right amount of saturation, and by using the Satellite's Silk modes, I could create that same sweet spot at almost any operating level.”

“There are many summing mixers, each sporting various features and routing options, but the Satellite 5059 is the only one deserving of the Rupert Neve name. The 5059 boasts not only the Neve sonic signature, but its flexibility is well suited for modern applications of processing. The 5059 is a unique summing mixer and would impart a variable sonic palette and novel routing options to any hybrid DAW setup. I look forward to each RND release, and the 5059 did not disappoint me in any way.”

If you enjoy what we do, please do let your fellow audio friends know about us as we can only continue to invest in sampling more of the great stuff you all want if we can make enough back to reinvest into more studio time. We're not a big corporate company, just one man and a beta tester so we do need any support we can get right now.

Buy Here: https://analogxai.company.site/products/Neve-5059-Satellite-Summing-Profiles-p633570469

get your 40% discount using code:
    O55FRK2RGUCS
    Audio Demo - ‪

Thank you

Stuart

AnalogXAi

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024