Neural DSP: I'm very impressed.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RMorgan, Jan 4, 2021.

1. burket

burket Member

i think neural dsp use more cpu than kemper. kemper use freescale dsp 400mhz and it could limit their ability to improve program.
    neural dsp use 4 x 500mhz dsp and have better software algorithm than kemper imo.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  2. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Interesting data. Makes sense it's more powerful since is newer. I don't know about the soft running in those hardware DSPs.
    Let's wait and see. Cool stuff.

3. Atlantic

Atlantic Member

Thanks for making that request. I already upvoted it.
    There's also a more recent request for the new bundle from PA that includes the Diezel amps. I am more confident that we might get that instead of the individual plugins.

By the way I don't know if it's ok to mention or put links here to the sister site. Otherwise people wouldn't call it "sister site". Am I wrong?

4. SEnki

SEnki Producer

It's technically linking to warez which is prohibited on this forum. However, we're free to discuss the happenings on the sister site.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Atlantic

Atlantic Member

There... and the message got deleted. Ok. I was thinking it would be edited or something but no.

Any way, wishing for a new PA release soon. Enjoying the last THU with the Rig Player in the mean time.

I am a Kemper user and I have a large collection. Most of the Choptones rigs that are in THU I have them on the Kemper too. It is amazing how close (almost identical) they sound.

I think not many people would call it right in a blind test.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  6. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

OMEGA Ampworks Granophyre is one huge fun time-sink for me. I love the sound of this beast with a mix of Marshall 1960A with Engl Pro V30S mixed in together in stereo with the high quality trigger flipped.

Fortin NTS Suite sounds pretty cold like Granophyre. It gets just as much mileage as Granophyre right now as well.

Archetype Abasi has some good old school fuzzy black metal tones & also really bright dsbm shit. Still haven't tried much of Archetype Gojira yet.

Throw in a bit of DIFIX by Soundevice Digital before the amp while pushing ever so slighly & it gives it a bit more mean attack so it bites harder while sounding colder if this is desired of course.

That's just the sound I'm going for. I love the raw, aggressive & cold sound of a guitar.

7. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

So now that I said that I sat down with Archetype Gojira & of course I have to love the shit out of this one. This one gives me more 2nd wave black metal tones. I also love the bottom end on these with a bit of mid scoop.

They all sound like keepers, none of these amps are bad. Not a single one but some off these do stand out to me while fitting my sound more. Wow all 3 heads sound phenomenal.

I really have to make Gojira a keeper too, though of course I will still be getting the same old tones I want from as I do with the others.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  8. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

The Fortin Cali Suite is the best amp simulation I've heard in my life. Combined with Cytomic's The Scream, I'm in tone heaven.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Thanks for my next idea. I've yet to try The Scream pedal yet. I've only heard praises for all the Cytomic plugins.

10. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Spent the rest of the day making over 100 patches for Archetype Gojira last night. I gives me the perfect low to mid frequencies that I wanted from the other few Nueral Plugs I got. I made like 80 second wave black metal presets in the matter of like 3 hours.

I'm sure these amp models were designed for certain styles but I've got no fucks to give about that. So far Gojira is proving to be most useful for me.

With Archetype Gojira, I love the fact I can just have 2 speakers per cab, I get 3 cabs & 3 amp heads.

I tune the amp heads, I load up the speaker positions into each cab, then start switching mixing them as best as I can 'till I've stacked more patches than I know what to do with. The plugins remember the cab paths you set for them so switching them is a breeze.

My only gripe with Neural plugins is that the cab loader window is too damn small so I can never see the entire name of the impulse response that I'm loading. Fucking Cab loader for short dicks, I tells ya. It's honestly a giant fucking pain in my ass. I'd like to know what the end of each cab name says so I know which mic is used & which position it was set to.

On the one hand: it forces you to use your ears instead of "not putting it out with your eyes Ted" On the other hand, "don't fucking tell me my business you devil woman! I already close my eyes when I switch cabs, I just want to fucking know which one it was so I know what to reach for next time, FUCK"

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  11. beybus

beybus Newbie

Would you mind uploading some of your black metal presets? Just got my hands on neural plugins and I love me some black metal. Thanks!

12. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Sure, but how does that work when I'm using my own IR's? Does the preset wrap that IR into itself somehow? I'm not really using Neurals cabs most of the time. I'm mixing my different cabs & mic positions using various IR's in my collection.

13. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

My Aurora DSP Mammoth has been giving me a ton of shit lately. Been crashing my project files right when I load it up.

Loads up fine in a bare project file though. Maybe it's interfering with another plugin? Not sure what gives tbh.

14. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

@beybus I'm also still down to share presets too. I just don't know how. I save mine in my daw but I would love to know how to export and share my presets with you all in a way that will make it compatible with Neural plugins universally.

I simply just haven't had the need to do that with Neural plugins yet but I would still love to.

15. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Just zip the User folder.

16. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Is it that simple? Because I never use the IR's from the plugin. I always use third party IR's. Does the plugin wrap those Impulse responses into the preset itself or does that only work with the included IR's?

17. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

It would be nice if you could share some of your presets!

18. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I save my presets with my daw so they get wrapped into its database. But I would love to select & save some presets using the Neural plugins and export them with 3rd party impulse responses if that's even possible since I don't use any of the ones provided by Neural themselves.

Does anyone know if 3rd party impulse responses get wrapped into the saved presets and when imported to another computer do those 3rd party impulses stick with the preset or only the settings of that preset stay? Without the IR's I use, those presets are useless because most of the tone comes from them.

19. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I assume the exact location of the 3rd party impulses is saved with the presets. So this wouldn't work right from the start on another computer.
    But you could name your presets according to the used IRs. This way it would be possible to load your presets and manually select the location of the IRs.
    I'd say, try before cry. [​IMG]

20. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

That's an interesting question. I don't think the third party IRs are included but someone could look into it. In the line of what @No Avenger said, having at least a way to know exactly what IRs are used would be interesting.