Nektar SE 61 lag despite low latency ~5.1ms

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Illidril, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Illidril

Illidril Newbie

Hi guys;

I'm having a strange issue with my Nektar SE 61 midi keyboard. Connecting with Nektar customer support didn't help and they literally think I'm from Mars. I have this persistent lag that I can't get rid of. I am 5.1 ms overall through my focusrite but there is still a lag from the midi keyboard to Cubase. It's short lag, mind you, but it's making play impossible. None of my buddy's midi keyboards seem to have that issue with their DAWs (not Cubase). It was worse until I lowered the buffer size to it's lowest setting (16 at 44100). Is this something wrong with my drivers or my midi keyboard (nektar doesn't seem to think it's the hardware)? Appreciate any direction you can give.

3. playtime

playtime Rock Star

You haven't posted any other hardware or OS specs relevant to this. But I don't think it's your midi keyboard causing the lag (or almost any midi keyboard for that matter). Could be any of other reasons like USB drivers, USB port conflict, system settings, Cubase settings, audio device drivers... you name it.
    Chasing down the problem differs from system to system.

You can start with LatencyMon and see what's causing latency issues.

4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

You need to dive the problem in 2 parts.

Is it the keyboard?
    Is it something in your system?

Please, specify you computer specs.
    And when do you have lag, using which plugin?

Also, try with another Keyboard if possible.

Then Try to use internal virtual keyboard if you cant use another physical one.

99% of the time, lag comes from Audio interface, and CPU usage, specially with certain DAW that have automatic delay compensation.

So, you need to simplify the situation to a real test one.