Needing opinions about this uplifting track

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by elias2tife, Nov 1, 2012.

1. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

http://soundcloud.com/adfectus/no-title

Here guys, a new song I'm working on, I'm needing opinions about the sound quality (beat, bass, pads etc ...). Does it sound perfert on your speakers ? :break:

Thanks in advance :) and also thanks to Audioz.com I couldn't reach that level without it :wink: .
    And wish me good luck at signing it in a good Trance label :bleh:

Musically, Elias

3. score

score Member

yeah... sounds ok for the masses... i would prefer a little more punsh from the kick in the very low ends maybeeee.... like the little labs vog could do or a really good eq. the pad(s) wider and the arp could get more clarity and density.
    the engineering site seems good.
    on the other site i do not know how many tracks i have heared with this similar kind of instrumentation and musicalstruktur ;-/ it sounds some kind of phatt but it`s nothing special to me ---Sorry!personal opinion... go more creative with sounds,melodies and maybe percussion( rhytmic stuff....
    u ask`d.....

cheeeeers

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

hmm the intro is weak
    the breakdown needs more depth and the plk needs more precise(sound design and also from the melody itself). well youll find a label for that, because there are enough of them - BUT you wont sell anything on beatport with that track.
    i would say practice more and more then go for a good label - itll be worth trust me ...

5. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

ever heard of parallel compression? use that on your drums .. because the one you used is to much compressed, no pressure at all.

6. genemesis

genemesis Newbie

ok, I got a pair of Adam A7, and here's how I'm hearing things:
    first, it's not my kind of music, so I won't have an opinion on this.
    Globaly, it's very clear, and as said someone else, maybe it could be expend on the low frequency spectrum. It's very generic, in a positive way, cause I think it's easy to make a versatile mix. Your slow process from 1:00 to 1:27 could be more ... interesting with maybe a filter, or whatever you want, it's up to you.
    Things are not moving enough in my opinion, the synths could evolved more. And I think you could expand more your stereo width, and your sub layers to give it more life.

It's an other kind of music than yours, but it illustrates well what I'm trying to mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJBuWpg-3RU

You're beginning from one point to an other...

7. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Thanks guys, critics are important to imrove. I guess i won't rush to sign it. Better take my time to learn more :rofl:

8. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Yea from 1:00 to 1:27 I made it short because it's an electronic track, If played in a club it would be boring (like a long pause), But for sure I will put your opinion in consideration because you're kinda right.
    And for widening, I just tried the ozone 5 imager to make it bit wider and used Mid/side Eq, you were right again .

9. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

aaaaalright :thumbsup: will sure work on what you said and will find a unique signature to be more creative.

10. genemesis

genemesis Newbie

I'm not specially right, it was just an opinion (but my ego accepts the compliment!).
    With the expansion of electronic music, in general I mean, you have to be composer, interprets, mixer, maybe the singer, and honestly, there's not enough hours in a day to be excellent on every subject. For me, I'm asking myself a simple question when it comes about creation and judging after a certain point: is it obvious? Is it obvious for this track to exist?
    I mean is everything talking the same language? Humbly, that's what I'm trying to do.

Again about your track, it's not bad at all, but I think it just need a little something more to be really intense... A little bit mad... Only my perspective

About ozone, if you're not a professional of mastering, or a semi, I think it could be good to start with presets, and to do several variations, like excluding all the bad answers to find the good ones...

Good work, soldier!

11. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Roger that! :bow:

12. genemesis

genemesis Newbie

Le con, je viens de lire que tu étais au moins aussi français que moi... Et bien la même chose, mais en français!

13. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Thats Annonying ! Are you serious? sounds like a Bad sampled loop on my kids 50.00 keyboard

14. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Hehehe Il y a pas mal de français sur ce forum :bleh:

15. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Thanks mate.