Need your reviews on my remix

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by james123, May 11, 2017.

1. james123

james123 Newbie

Hello friends.. i am beginner producer..i made a remix of shape of u ..and i tried to mix and master on my own way.....i know thats not sound's good...so guys plz suggest me some tips to improve my mixing mastering in future. for example which plugins to use and why to use ? As it is the best platform to learn something.

Thank You

CHeck my remix:-

3. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Hiya! We're all beginners! Once u think u know everything, u got real problems!

Anyway, yeah, the remix's preferable to the unoriginal original, at least. Shame it's still got Ed Sheeran's voice phoning it in! Also a shame it's still got that horrible klunky A C G arp thing that should be a chord progression. Or even expanded to a riff? Or smthn. I think that ur snare selection is good enough, there was one bit where u got a sloppy snare bit just before the chorus which I approve of. There were few bits where I think u added tamborine etcs details which I also approve of. U seem to have scooped out all the spaces (freq) for ur sounds, so well done on that.

I think u could've gone rly extreme tho, the good bits - like the unexpected shehnai - could've really transformed into a full on Bollywood funk thing? I dunno, I think that u might wanna dial back on the delay bits, cos it's better (although I don't much like this song) to keep an intimate song close, rather than in a cavern. Although a cavern is maybe the best place for Ed's Gollum-like, precious lil face.

I think u might wanna use smthn liek Stutter Edit for those bits ~3:19 etcs where u sweep snare sound etcs, cos it gives u a bit more flexibility & more (original) options. Plus it allows u to control fx like an instrument. I guess the main issues are when u play it safe (fall / risers, ravish whoop-whoop esp) with a song that was already doing that to the maximum!

Anyway, sry if any of that sounds harsh, it's just opinions.