Need Your Help: Stick with Logic or..?

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrAnonymous, Aug 18, 2016.

1. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

So I pretty much bought a Mac Book Pro about a year ago so I could use Logic pro and upgrade from the low spec Windows laptop I was using. After putting music on the back burner for awhile and focusing on more important things in my life at the time, I didn't really have much time to invest into music and learn Logic Pro deeply enough to be really comfortable with it. Now here is my question: Now that I have time, should i learn logic pro (bearing in mind that I probably wouldn't buy a mac again as i couldn't afford it, maybe a Hackintosh) or should i switch to a daw that works on Windows to so i don't have to go through the hassle of finding the right set up for a Hackintosh or having to learn a whole new daw when Apple decides my computer is outdated?

3. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    2009 Macs are still going strong, and certainly some older ones, too. Actually, the only Macs to have officially been buried are Macs with PowerPC processors, circa 2005. I'd say learn it and use it. It is a very comfortable piece of software that fits your mac's architecture adequately. It can be buggy after a new major release, but that is to be expected of every software update/upgrade.

4. angie

angie Producer

In my opinion logic pro x is a very intuitive software. I had a similar situation few years ago and I got it very quickly and I don't regret it

5. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

My mac is a 2012... I love it. I bought Logic... learned the shit... learned PT... BUT LOVE Ableton. I want so bad to use Logic or PT, cuz they look cool as fuck!!

But ableton is just oo fucking incredible for me. I can flow so fast on that shit that the others basically render with no arms legs or genitals when I try to use them... I still want to go back and do final mix downs on logic or pt eventually... as Im still getting used to song creation, and the creating process etc.

6. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

If you really ABSOLUTELY need X function in Logic & it's not found ANYWHERE else, sure, stick w/Logic. Otherwise, take a look at other x-platform DAWS such as Live, Studio one, Reaper, etc. I switched from mac > PC, and now I can't really use my GB/Logic projects much.