Need Your Help Regarding Mix

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by james123, Jan 1, 2015.

1. james123

james123 Newbie

Hey Producers

I Have Posted 2 Links Here 1 is made by me and another one is for reference.....

I Want My Mix Sound Like Refrence Track...I Have mixed this but not getting desired sound as compared to refrence track, here is the link and anyone plz tell me what i have to do to get this type of sound i mean punch and overall brightness...thanks

Refrence track :- https://soundcloud.com/jamesproduction/reference-loop-house

My Mix :- https://soundcloud.com/jamesproduction/mine-loop-house

Thanks

3. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

Sounds like you should boost the higher end on the EQ of the synths a bit. Also maybe a little bit of PSP vintagewarmer2 might give some punch too (use it lightly though)

4. james123

james123 Newbie

Ok I Will Try ! Thanku zero-frag

5. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

I would revisit each track and make sure you are cutting any unwanted freq, high pass etc (even if you can't hear anything there is probably noise there). This should help clean it up I think as its generally ok.
    Then add some light top end on the master and it should pop out. I'm using NI Passive EQ at the moment and it good for this job.

6. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

as already said add some saturation on the synth like Ozone Multiband saturation

7. shevzhe1

shevzhe1 Newbie

I would say to warm up the high end a bit. Use Ozone 5 or 6 if you have that. Perfect for issues like this. Try there also to adjust the 4 bands. Let Ozone do that magic for you with the "Learn" button.

8. DanielJameS

DanielJameS Noisemaker

+1 to hi-passing the crap out of everything, even when not audible. Given that this is a dance type track you obviously want to maintain some of that sub bass, but get rid of any frequencies I'd say below 40hz on tracks where it's not necessarry such as the mid/high synths. More importantly with what I'm hearing, I'd low-pass as well (above 15-16k) where there is always some shrillness in the digital realm, and worry about adding in your high frequencies in the areas where it really counts (certain synths in the mix…not the mix as a whole.)

Listening to both, the reference track is obviously louder, has a more rounded profile (highs and lows) and has more of an analog type punch to it.

Not sure if you own Slate VCC….or have the waves bundle, but I would bet strapping either instances of Slate VCC (Either Neve or RC-Tube emulation) would really fatten up the entire mix and round out those lows and make the highs much more pleasing. If you don't have slate and have Waves, put an instance of NLS on every track in your mix…again I'd lean towards a Neve emulation (something fat and warm sounding) with the drive up to about +3 and of course the appropriate matching insert on the 2-bus. Console emulation has been a game changer for my mixes. Struggled for years to get closer to that BIG round, in your face and wide stereo image, while also being sonically pleasing. The console emulations have gotten me much closer than strapping 6 different plugins on a master chain ever did.

Also….Subtle, well carved multiband compression can be your BEST FRIEND.

Good luck man!

9. james123

james123 Newbie

DanielJameS Thanks For The Tips Mate, its really helpful, i have little question . In My Loop i feel lack of bass but i layered the three types of bass one with sylenth and one with massive and one with Spire, and in refrence track there is solid bass,,,how i mix bass that sound like solid...i hope u understand my question...

10. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Seems like u have not EQ'd it right & like way lost the top end, seemed to have lost a lot of the high frequencies.

What effects did u use on your master? You need to compensate in the right areas & also u seem to have lost some DB.

A plugin I would recommend is Plugin Alliance Prismatic Compressor & Mastering Limiter to sort your frequencies & maybe a mess with a maximizer.

Your mix way dull in comparison for some reason. You using any compression?

11. james123

james123 Newbie

I Put Fab Filter-L and Track Clipper On MASTER fADER, And using compressor and eq 2 of FL Studio. I Put High Pass Filter on each track. And i dint EQ to much i just put only HP Filter on each track.