Need you to reproduce a sound

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by come64, Aug 29, 2015.

1. come64

come64 Newbie

Hello everybody,

I would like to reproduce a sound and understand how it is done to reproduce it whenever i need to, but i struggle, that's why i need your help.

The sound is the synth from 1:50 to approx, 2:05. It's not the kinda reesy bass but the synth after or before.
    The link:

I tried by myself with sylenth but i'm far from what i want. I began with 3 osc, detuned saw and with different octave, i played with the pitch and changed the fine tuning of one of the osc but, seems wrong...
    Even with the hi-hat layered.
    So if you can help me with a a tutorial on YT, a preset, a picture, or something... please do!

Thanks in advance,

PS: sorry i didn't post in the sub-group "how to make that sound", thinking it was the case, but i don't find how to move the thread :/

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  3. audioplg

audioplg Ultrasonic

Best Answer
    are you on about the stab thats sampled from T99 - Anasthesia

if so its a choir sample so just sample it like everyone else did a million times before.

:)

4. come64

come64 Newbie

yes exactly!
    Didn't know/hear it is a choir (shame on me!) but, then it changes the whole thing.
    Yes i can sample it, and i will, but the work behind interested me more. Now, i can find the chain effect and play with that.
    Thanks for your help audioplg, i can go work on/with it! :)

5. smartlad

smartlad Member

6. come64

come64 Newbie

Awesome!!
    Got to try this.
    Thanks smartlad!

7. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

If you need a FLAC or hi-quality digitized vinyls to sample from, ask me. (I'm about T99 - Anasthasia). On this CD there is fifth track "Intro Bonus" with this sound (beginning of the first track) that is better to sample from, because it is much louder - probably less quantization noise from 16-bit, more reverb tails are preserved, so quality of your final sample may be better. But you should listen to it and watch all the spectrums/waveforms, is it clipped or not.
    Save it to 24-bit or 32-bit for not to achieve additional digital noises etc. If upsample/resample for "more than 44 kHz", use top-quality SRCs like iZotope RX4 64-bit SRC, dBpoweramp 15 music converter, etc. to save maximum band-range and to achieve minimum/no aliasing...

8. come64

come64 Newbie

Sorry if it takes me so long to reply something here to you and your really nice and appreciate proposition, mild pump milk.
    If it's not too late, i would really enjoy to use a Hi-Q sample.
    I will follow your advice concerning the quality, and play with the sample as much as possible.
    Thanks!