NEED VOCAL MIXING ADVICE -VOCAL CHAIN-CLOUD RAP AUTOTUNE-ect

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Zombae, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Zombae

Zombae Newbie

Hello all, i posted this in a different forum and i got a reply saying i should post here so here i am x)

Looking for experienced advice for mixing auto tuned vocals for "cloud rap/"Sad Boi auto-tuned type" effect and songs. Very interested on how to eq correctly and and questions about doubling of vocals/reverb and delay automations!.

Im also wondering on how to record VOCALS and how these "punk style" type auto tune songs have a consistent limiter on them. Do they alwayse use a waves vocal rider? How do they get it the vocal to sit, pop out, mix correctly with the song.

LOOKING FOR THE VOCAL CHAIN REQUIRED FOR THESE SONGS!

Some examples of songs with these effects im talking about are:

-

-

-

-

-
    (over the top autotune but still wondering).(808 slaps though)

DM,email, or reply to me for more in-depth help on this topic thanks!

~Zombae x)

3. tr3v0r94

tr3v0r94 Kapellmeister

hey, there are SO MANY resources available on youtube for this kind of vocal chain, its insane. Imean, look up travis scott type vocal chain and youll get plenty. Which one is right though? Well, all depends on source - singer, mic, pre, etc. Getting them to sit in the mix right? Well that involves a couple factors like creating space in the mix, and what types of instruments being used (where they sit in the eq). Lots of high pass filters to get the "crisp and clean" autotune. Waves Tune, or any Antares Autotune, or even stock logic autotune are all good btw. Use busses for reverb and delay, throw a side chained compressor after either effect and they'll only work in the spaces in between (hue tip, saves endless automation)

heres some vids to get you started

this trick can REALLY make the vocals pop

dm if you need more info, or free beats lol

4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Cloud Vocals = more low cut than traditional Rap Vocals, more high end, more delays and reverb, more processing overall.
    Cloud Beats = mixed wider than in tradiitonal beats. Where in boom bap drums are mostly dead center, in cloud and trap hihats, snares and sometimes kicks have doubler effects on them which makes drums feel places more off giving the main vox way more room to "shine" sonically. (Because they just can't "shine" in terms of lyrical content… :D).
    Frequency separation to the max and you'll and up with a decent mix of unworthy music claiming to be "hip-hop" :D
    I really love trap beats though, I just don't need the "lyrics" ;)

5. coldwatrr

coldwatrr Member

Record with AutoTune on, boost your highs with good EQs, compress a lot use Saturation. Reverb and Delay is a must and for hooks think of which effects you could use to make em stand out. Chorus, Doubler, Effect Rack / Effect Racks, Distortion, Guitar Rig stuff. "Cloud Rap" or Trap is experimenting at its highest form.