Need to improve the audio

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by olson, Feb 21, 2014.

1. olson

olson Member

i would like to that track below on the dancefloor (refrain) but the audio material is really not that good, i maybe try some EQuing, but i guess i wouldnt reach the wanted quality.

Maybe you know different techniques to get best out of such audio?

I think you hear its potential in the refrain :dancing:

3. remix

remix Platinum Record

i would imagine (depending on the genre) that this sample would just be the foundation of the melodic part of the track?

once you have added your own drums, bass, keys etc the quality wouldnt really matter especially if you are adding brighter type sounds to counteract the dullness of the sample...

of course if the sample is the whole focal point of the track then ignore the above lol

4. olson

olson Member

awesome! that will totally help
    didnt find the right topics, but i see, this issue is well discussed :D (Searched for improve audio, not removing noise)
    sooooo. i think i can totally go with that :)

i dont know yet, but i want the sample to be the mainthang in the song, of course i am gonna ad synths etc. but the natural feeling of the sample will be the more important part, that i already know

5. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

I suggest you use SPL transient designer. Just reduce decay knob just above minimum. Its a neat plug in for this kind of things. Very simple process, one knob will solve most of the problem. :wink:

6. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hello, olson h., hello, members of our community,

great base material (there is no existing emoticon for the envy on me face)... *yes*

also all well said... *yes*

this here me would suggest one workflow as follows...
    filter from below, from above, quite aggressively, what is not required within your vision of usage, then give the stuff some slight but consistent levelling treatment,
    edit out most of the unwanted picking, beating, etc. noises, then stretch the stuff back or copy paste overlap edit to original or needed tempo,
    composite all the parts into what you want to use, possibly with added cutting out of problematic parts then stretch or overlap edit it again if needed,
    treat the material most aggressively to stand out from the audio environment planned, filter, noise reduct, compress, saturate, distort, filter again, perhaps most if not all of this in parallel with the composited one,
    experiment again with the sound, the effects, in order to better working together with the rest of your material... *yes*

with strong hopes in bits of helpfulness, all the best... :bow:

7. axelfender

axelfender Noisemaker

great cover version of "smooth criminal "original by michael jackson :rofl: