Need some help. Convert guitar strumming loop to midi

Discussion in 'Software' started by tfmc369, May 17, 2024.

1. tfmc369

tfmc369 Member

Is there any software that will take a guitar strumming loop and convert it to MIDI so I could use a Guitar Vst like Ample Sound to recreate the loop with modifications since I am not a Guitar player?
    Thanx.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

people will suggest Melodyne to you, because it will give you the best chance of accuracy detecting the notes to convert. it can do polyphonic detection. I wanted to see the results from AI.

you: I want to record a loop of guitar strumming as audio, and then convert it to midi. What program do I use?

"ChatGPT
    For recording a loop of guitar strumming as audio and then converting it to MIDI, you can use a combination of audio recording software and audio-to-MIDI conversion software. Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. Audio Recording: Use any digital audio workstation (DAW) or audio recording software to record your guitar strumming loop. Some popular options include Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Cubase, Reaper, GarageBand, etc. Set up your recording environment, connect your guitar to your audio interface (if necessary), and record your loop.

2. Export Audio: Once you've recorded your guitar loop, export it as an audio file (typically WAV or AIFF format). This audio file will serve as the source material for the MIDI conversion process.

3. Audio-to-MIDI Conversion: Use dedicated audio-to-MIDI conversion software to convert your recorded guitar audio into MIDI data. There are several software options available for this purpose, including:
      • Melodyne: Melodyne is a powerful audio editing software that includes advanced pitch and timing correction tools. It also offers audio-to-MIDI conversion capabilities, allowing you to convert monophonic or polyphonic audio recordings into MIDI data.

• WIDI Recognition System: WIDI Recognition System is a standalone software specifically designed for audio-to-MIDI conversion. It can analyze audio recordings and generate MIDI sequences based on the detected pitch and timing information.

• AmazingMIDI: AmazingMIDI is a free software tool that can analyze WAV audio files and convert them into MIDI sequences. It's relatively simple to use and can be a good option for basic audio-to-MIDI conversion tasks.
    4. Import MIDI into DAW: Once you've converted your audio recording to MIDI using the dedicated software, import the resulting MIDI file into your DAW or MIDI sequencing software of choice. You can then further edit and manipulate the MIDI data as needed, adding additional instruments, effects, or arrangements.
    By following these steps and using the appropriate software tools, you can easily record a loop of guitar strumming as audio and then convert it to MIDI for further processing and arrangement. "

4. tfmc369

tfmc369 Member

Thanx for the reply. I will check those out!

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

The best real-time polyphonic audio-to-midi is Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2. It's a plugin, does wonders. Incredible piece of software.
    Still, depending of the source you might want to use Melodyne which is offline but as powerful as it gets

6. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

bought midiguitar2 a couple of weeks ago after checking out the demo.
    only soft i bought in the last 20 years.
    best things about it: poly in real time, less than 1 percent cpu on a x3d cpu, great.

1 issue i have is i can run the standalone in 32 bit only but x64 works fine in reaper. initially i thought it was something about my phoenix lite os, but realized it is probably my creamware card.
    not any help from their forum, just there`s nothing to fix, which is a little lame at the price, 180€.
    absolutely happy though

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Jam Origin Midi Guitar 3. It even works in realtime.

8. tfmc369

tfmc369 Member

Will this work with a guitar loop or do you have to use a real guitar?
    I only ask because I don't play guitar.
    thanx again

9. tfmc369

tfmc369 Member

Will this work with a guitar loop or do you have to use a real guitar?
    I only ask because I don't play guitar.
    thanx again

10. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

It's intended for real guitar in realtime, but you can also do it in post. I just offered it as a tip if you want to do that kind of processing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

On both. Any audio in. midi out.
    On both, any audio in. midi out. I mean, haven't tried MIDI guitar 3 but I'm sure it's a safe guess :winker: :rofl:

12. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

That's weird. I use vaccined version from AZ (v2.2.1). And the x64 standalone works fine.

Don't know if you meant this, but I use a shitty internal Realtek sound card and use Asio4all or the steinberg Generic ASIO driver.