Need some graphics help with a custom Serum project

Discussion in 'Our Art' started by Bunford, May 16, 2017.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Can you make one for Cubase? :) I˙`ll wait till monday, dont disappoint me or i`ll rip your shirt off.

2. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Ok, I have given up on the decal paper as tried it tons and printing on different printers. The main problems were that they broke up very easily, had visible white edging and could not get a true black to match the keyboard. Due to the fiddly nature, cutting them out wasn't viable either. I am now hoping to get vinyl stickers cut instead, with each decal pre cut. No idea where would do this kind of thing though?!?!

I have since put it back together to use and map to Serum ready and with the matt black (yet to be clear coated) and the bluey grey buttons and blue LEDs, it is looking part way to Serum already!
    IMG-20170617-WA0002.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  3. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

It does look good^!

I kinda thought it might be a print>laminate>glue kinda thing. Or 3d if ur a student? But there's lots of options, depending on ur local (regional?) print shop. Don't ever do 5th color (ie silver etcs) prints cos that's hella expensive if ur paying for it! Also fucking nightmare.

4. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Nice paint job and nice custom MIDI controller! :wink:

5. santakaloz

santakaloz Newbie

I'm working as a graphics designer since '93. You should use tampon print (tampography or pad printing) to achieve the best result.
    Any other sticker will fall off easily or will look like really bad soon. probably you can try a really thin foil printing the some lacquer.
    Check out the tampon print you should be find some printing house in your area who can help.
    If you need to convert your gfx to vector .ai or .eps please feel free to pm me.