Need some constructive advice

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by JTSD, Dec 21, 2019.

1. JTSD

JTSD Producer

Worked on this tune for the last two days and need som advice.
    Is it worth more effort?
    If so, what should I focus on?
    Structure, arrangement, sound, instruments, the mix ... ?

The vocals are sampled, so that itself is a restriction.

Advice appreciated.

3. recycle

recycle Guest

irritating, really

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. retroboy

retroboy Producer

The vocals sound like they are suffering from harsh digital distortion and are out of sync on some parts. As soon as the song gets going it drops again so feels like it doesnt know where it's going. I'd be tempted to sort the vocals out and start from scratch with a new arrangment.

5. Rorer

Rorer Guest

FLow is ok, but what is the message in the song?

6. RiffMaster

RiffMaster Guest

I dont listen to this kind of music but something about the vibe of this is really appealing , why dont you just draw a line under it and call it finished and move on to a new tune while you are in a creative mood , dont judge , just churn them out and come back to them in days or weeks , you will immediately know what needs doing to them then . keep going dude , i like it ........................

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Pronto

Pronto Kapellmeister

the drums come in too straight and hard for my taste..how about loosening them up a bit more..a bit more "jazz" and floating..maybe half-time?

8. JTSD

JTSD Producer

I understand, but not my intention to be irritating. Also, the comment don't really help me as a "constructive advice".

Thanks. The vocals are sampled and that itself is a quite distinct restriction for the vocal arrangement and the lyrics context.. I use what vocal samples I have and it's hard to diversify tone and lyrics without a perfect singer with an exceptional voice, sitting next to me, singing my own songlyrics. But I know what you mean by "doesnt know where it's going" because I have the same feeling. Also agree about the sync, need to fix that. As for now, I will leave this song and let it "rest" a couple of months, and then maybe continue to finish it then.

No intentional message at all because the lyrics are limited to the lyrics within the samples.

Thank You! Will leave it and maybe continue later - Thats the conclusion I also made, but you helped me making it.

Thanks, will have this in mind if I continue with the song.

Thank you, and a happy Christmas to everybody!

9. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Your song has a few really nice elements that I would work out individually first, without glueing them together in rapid pace.
    Also, I would remove the vocals, the themes have enough potential to speak for themselves.

10. PatriciaNeqrency

PatriciaNeqrency Member

The kicks are way too sharp and the bass is too loud in some parts, overall the sounds don't blend too well so i recommend you to work on the mixing. Sometimes the vocals are off-beat too (it's hard to time them properly).
    Overall I really like the song itself, in my opinion this is a cool and catchy arrangement that needs a good mixing.

11. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

if you would make a song like 0:30-1:00 that would be nice imho.