Need some advices on this track

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by medrad, May 27, 2013.

1. medrad

medrad Newbie

Hi,
    Looking for some advices please ...

http://soundcloud.com/mercurysoundproduction/theme-score-demo-2

3. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

what advice?

thats a real beauty, goosebumps here :wink:

4. medrad

medrad Newbie

Thank you, i apreciate your comment buddy *yes*

5. fuad

fuad Producer

Have to agree..That is really beautiful. I think maybe a little bit of arpegiating piano on a high octave playing somewhere would be nice and also think maybe some very light percussion might serve the song well in my opinion. But again, that's just me... the music is gorgeous.

6. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

Really nice relaxing

it will be great if you make it more dramatic
    More piano melody drums between a break

7. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

My advice would be to edit the decay levels for the strings so they fall naturally, or shape the volume levels. I suggest having the master volume as low as 20 percent if you do this because it will be very noticeable how the falls sit when playback is at a low listening level. It sounds good as it sits now from a general sound perspective. But in the category of movement.. More Volume = Front, Less Volume = Back. So the theory in this case is your section is physically back-pedalling from the center to the back of the stage during the falls, then hurrying to the center again to start over. This may not be of concern if it is masked by other instrumentation. But treating this as a solo task means the volume entry points should be more level with the departure points to keep proximity. This will place the section in their seats and the up and down motions will be perceived more. Visually, in the audio shape above you can see in the canyons.. the volume entry points that suggest the initial presence of the strings (or stage position) moves to a further position, and vice-versa. For example, if you choose the deepest canyon and shape the canyons of the others to match it's peak depth.. the result will be an increase in the overall dynamic range, yet the origin of sound/stage position will never change.

8. medrad

medrad Newbie

Thank you Fuad, nice idea for arpegiated piano and perc. i will look for this next time :wink: .

9. medrad

medrad Newbie

Thanks dbmuzik, and i agree with you about stage positioning, so as a recap, i should bring the section to the front, reduce the dynamics/expressions a little bit for the violins and increase the decay time for more natural fall ? and about the reverb tail what do you think, is it natural ?