Need some advice with this!

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Soryn, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Soryn

Soryn Noisemaker

I'm new in this thing. I just started to produce some songs and i decided to buy from a ghost production site a new track. my question is, when i will realiase this track at credits i must put also the name who produced the track or just mine because i have read the transfer of rights agreement but i didn't understand clearly what they wanted exactly. This is the legal docs. If someone can help me, i will appreciate!
    https://edmwarriors.com/legal/transfer-of-rights-agreement

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @Soryn, you don't need to write anything - the track is yours.
    The exploitation rights to the track are transferred to you with the purchase.
    =================================================

UPLOAD AGREEMENT
    MGM is a platform that acts as an intermediary to perform Ghost Production contracts between Authors who publish their Work on the platform, with the purpose of transferring the exploitation rights of it on an anonymous regime, to potential Buyers through the platform, who listen to the Tracks through the website and buy its rights online.

Under no circumstances does this platform perform any activity related to intellectual property. That is to say, the function of this website is only to sell the Work of the Ghost Producer, offering its technological support as an online marketplace. In this agreement, you as a Seller, affirm that you want to transfer the exploitation rights of your Work, in all territories of the world for an unlimited period of time, in exchange for the price that you stipulate, to be exploited in anonymity, under the conditions established in the clauses of the Transfer of Rights Agreement.

As an Author you agree to publish your song on our site with the purpose of selling it, having control over the price at which it is published and taking into account the general rules of the platform on commercial offers of the following clauses. This agreement is based on the following principles: ORIGINALITY OF THE WORK, CONFIDENTIALITY, EQUITABLE DISTRIBUTION and EXCLUSIVITY.

1. ORIGINICALITY OF THE WORK
    • 1.1 You guarantee that this Track is 100% your creation, that it has not been plagiarized nor contains unauthorized content, that no construction kits or templates have been used, that it has not been disclosed before, that is, it has not been registered in any intellectual or virtual property office, in any database or administration of any kind, and that it has not been shared with third parties or published on any website.
    • 1.2 In order to protect the Rights of Authors and Buyers, this platform will keep the data of each Track that has been the object of the transaction together with the identification data provided by the Author and Buyer.
    Source: https://edmwarriors.com/legal/upload-agreement

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  4. toothpick

toothpick Ultrasonic

The real question is why are you buying ghost production tracks to claim as your own?? It's not that hard to understand. You must list the producer under the credits if you release the track with a DSP.

5. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

if online robots algorithms detect your track as copyrighted (for something as simple as other producer like you used same production track before and registered their song), they'll remove your song or mute it or demonetize it - if that's worth it is up to you
    :chilling:

6. Doctor_Me

Doctor_Me Platinum Record

Best Answer
    Wrong, as soon as the buyer buy the track he/she become the owner of the rights. Therefore if you buy the track you can do whatever you want, from release on your soundcloud or send it to labels to use it on promotional videos or movies. Even the income you get from that track is all yours.

Not gonna happen, every track on these catalogues can be sold only once. What can happen is, if the track uses a royalty free sample, like an acapella from a sample pack, the algorythm can detect and cause issues, but not cause it was written by another producer. In fact, as soon as the track is sold, the original composer is not the owner of the rights anymore.

Besides that, as a "ghost producer" myself, selling on those type of platforms. I wouldn't even like if the buyer added my label/producer name on his release. First cause if I wanted to release the track I wouldn't sell it, and second, cause most of the tracks I've sold till today are genres that I don't even personally like so I wouldn't get anything being associated with them if I had a released music project.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. clone

clone Audiosexual

You are new but have a 6 year old account, which is then used to link to something with your "first post". Then come ask here *after* you bought something from this site?

Sounds like a way to act like you need help in your thread title, but the real goal is for people to click that link and maybe sell something to some sucker.

Apologies if not the case, but it certainly looks like nothing but spam to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

thats called using, not producing.... its sites like this why music is fucking garbage these days. A bunch of people who no nothing about anything regarding music play pretend "producers". People dont even know what that word means anymore, or, the definition has been CHANGED to make ignorant people feel like they're worth a shit. I doubt these little zoomer kiddies even understand the concept of an album... they think sitting in a room by themselves making soundcloud tracks is "producing"....

FUCK THE FUTURE, IT SUCKS. Make your own music

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. xsound

xsound Member

Couldn't agree more... on point here. I understand way to simplify things, but damn, it kills creativity, variety and... spirit.

10. Soryn

Soryn Noisemaker

thank you for this! i was a bit confused!

11. Soryn

Soryn Noisemaker

tnanks a lot !

12. Soryn

Soryn Noisemaker

just read again what i said! "i'm new in this like, like buying from this kind of sites, this is what i meant". i'm not affiliate of that site. it was just a question and that's it!