Need Replacement for Nanxiao (Southern Xiao), a bamboo flute.

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by jeffglobal, May 13, 2016.

1. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

After working with my DAW and it crashing and trying to deafen me (ha, I always route it to headphones on start up) I've concluded it's the vsti circa 2010 that's causing all the problems. The free atmosphere vsti was a close runner up, but I chucked that quickly.

So, anyone know offhand of a flute that sounds like the old flute in the TV Show, "Kung Fu?"

I got the little duet down, and I can't bounce, or mixdown even the small 8 bar part out of Cubase to work in PT, so before I give up on that flute sound at all, I ask for help from anyone...

Nanxiao (Southern Xiao) is a bamboo flute, Kong.Audio.ChineeNanXiao.VSTi.v1.45, ng.
    and no on any "Death Flutes," ty.

It sounds kinda like this:

I had to threaten my DAW, the computer it was running on, and I resuscitated the computer 3 times to get kinda meh results cause I was afraid to add inserts/effects to make a stronger mix...I even virus and malware scanned the computer that doesn't go on the internet...this was way too hard to accomplish so little...imo
    I'm asking for something you guys have used successfully. I see a few kontakt and some vsti, would like an AAX, and not reg flutes, unless they somehow have the same articulations as the bamboo flute...

Last edited: May 13, 2016