need mixing help !!!!

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by limitemcee, Feb 22, 2012.

1. limitemcee

limitemcee Newbie

ok so i got this mix down by a pro what eq setting you think he used in my vocals and compressor i want to get this sound<<<<<<<<<

3. limitemcee

limitemcee Newbie

http://soundcloud.com/limitemc/if-you-say-so-master

4. skunkie1971

skunkie1971 Newbie

It's impossible to tell what specific EQ or compressor the engineer used. Anyone who says otherwise is either a) full of it or b) was there at the mix. The EQ settings are pretty standard as is the reverb and double tracking. I'd suggest (as it appears you need a starting point) to look at the artist signature series from JJP, EK, TM and the like or perhaps EZMix2. . Whilst these are marketed as being one-stop solutions for mixing solutions, they in fact aren't. However, they will place you in the right ballpark for you to then tweak accordingly.

Hope that helps.

5. Ejaymilev

Ejaymilev Noisemaker

I lyk the mix in the sense that he tried his best not touchin much nobs.... Just some high pass with a cool de essin, compression at the right ratio and also the right amount of reverb... cool... First thing you do is to highpass, then find ur sweet and bitter spots then cut out those bitter ones...
    Findin the bitter spots is easy, just use a good para eq, choose a band make the q as thin as possible, boost that band, then roll it over from ur lowest hz to the highest khz, u'll notice the harsh spots then u cut all the way but make sure it doesn't interfere with the sound quality... thats a startin point... ur backup were panned... he virtually used the same eq settin for almost evrythn... just get the settins and youll be free as long as you keep using the same equipment, mikin technique, and also expectin the same soundin mixes...

6. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

I can tell he used an external interface, like some focusrite gear. Then ran it through Pro Tools.... Its a pretty decent job he did! I like your hip hop style.

7. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

SMH @ the first part of your statement...

8. Alexander

Alexander Newbie

this

9. Sonorite

Sonorite Newbie

Sounds like: autotune on main vox with delay and severe high pas filtering (the 'telephone' sound - or possibly an impulse thing like audioease), backing vox same with reverse reverb. Probably lots of other stuff too!

10. ionutz

ionutz Newbie

rip the track and throw it under some analyzers like a spectrum for ex. try to tweak ur mix until you achieve close to the same curve (that's if you like the mixdown of this track, I'd do it with my fav track in the genre)

EDIT: also for vocals u wanna look in the mids section, you can analyze channel by channel all your instruments and then your vocals and see which frequencies collide, and if they do, throw an eq on the instruments that collide in fhz with your vocals and tune them down a notch just so that the vocals can puncture the mix

11. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Why don't you just ask the guy who mixed it? :dunno:

12. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Newbie

That is exactly what I was thinking.....