Need Library Help With Kontakt 6.21 Windows

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Crevice9, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

Hello all, I'm new and this is my first post. Be gentle lol.

I have both a legit and cracked version of Kontakt 6. I use the cracked one of course so I can use all of my libraries. I have a few questions that I'll just list below. I'm new to the full version of Kontakt as well, so there may be obvious features to do things I'm asking about, I just don't know about them yet. Still learning.

1. I know you can do quick load for libraries that are not showing up in the library tab but if there is a way to create and add the needed files so all of my libraries show up in that library tab with their wallpapers or a custom wallpaper I'd much rather go that route.

2. I'm a bit of an organization nut and I would love to be able to (after all the libraries are loadable via the library tab), organize/group my library tab. I know you can do this via folders that from a video I watched but it isn't really what I'm wanting to do. What I want is to customize my library tab so that I can click on a banner/wallpaper labeled "Strings", "Percussion", "Bass", "Synths", etc... and when I do that it drops down or opens a list below it, still in the library tab, that shows all of the libraries that I have placed within it. Click that same "Strings" banner again... and the libraries retract back into it, making the library tab very tidy and easy to navigate to what you want quickly. Hopefully that made sense. If there is software to create listable libraries or do so of the work I'm referring to please let me know.

3. I have heard that version 6 removed some of the abilities Kontakt had to create and organize. Can I install an early version of Kontakt on the same machine as version 6 is on, strictly just to do mods and edits for the newer version to use. Libraries would be played only on version 6.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

3. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Welcome.
    There is no extra functionality with this, and it would mean a lot of work to have all 3rd party libs showing in Lib Tab, but it's up to you.
    Search AS and you will find your answer and method for this.
    Yes, this too is doable, if you want to look into it and search here for your answer.
    Not sure about Q #3, but all else has already been answered here.
    Good luck!

5. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

Thank you for the link! I'm aware of the search feature in forums but this way is most helpful. Just telling someone that they can use a search engine, is zero help and contributes nothing. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  6. Smoove Grooves

Hey newb, I'm sooo sorry I didn't have time to search it for you.
    Forgive me for answering your questions generally. I didn't just tell you to search, did I?
    The reason there is so much to search through is because every newb asks these Kontakt questions a million times a week here! lol

7. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

No, you didn't. These are your basically your responses.

1. Your opinion on what I plan to do... and search.
    2. Search
    3. I don't understand the question.

No sweat though. It's all good.

8. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

you can create a manual library folder, containing all your sub librairies.
    event with nicnt one's inside.

you should learn how to make a nicnt before.

9. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

I'm guessing you are referring to creating a folder with subdirectories in the browser section of Kontakt? There's a LOT I still need to learn about the full version but what you are suggesting would help organize but would it create what I'm attempting to describe in the front tab section that shows the instruments w/wallpaper? The best way I can explain what I'd like to do is basically change that front section with the instruments & wallpapers so that it is like a website menu. You click an item and it reveals other items until you click it again, then it hides them again. Click "Strings" and directly below it, it list all of your string libraries. Click it again and they go back "behind" the "Strings" wallpaper.

I haven't had a chance to try KLC that was recommended above. I'm away from my PC. Hopefully that will resolve all of my nicnt issues.

10. garfinkle

garfinkle Platinum Record

Yeah, well.

The other day I stopped a stranger in the street and asked him for directions. He took out is phone and showed me how to get where I wanted to go on Google maps.
    That's all he did! He refused to carry me there!!! Can you fucking believe it???

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. garfinkle

To the OP.
    I would suggest you keep only your absolute go-to libraries in the Library tab. I mean less than 20. It slows Kontakt down.
    I would suggest you avoid Quickload. It becomes a joke if you're running as many libraries as most of us do and REALLY slows Kontakt down.
    I would suggest you watch this Youtube and follow this man's advice:

...and I would suggest that you don't enter a new forum and behave like an entitled little shit when others are trying to help you.

Good luck with it all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

I know, it's amazing right... how people just need to be seen as someone that knows something someone else doesn't. They need to let you know they know. It's the fucking epitome of pathetic.

13. Smoove Grooves

That's what you think. Incorrectly.
    Yes; you can have as many standalone versions of Kontakt as you wish, providing you rename them (usually adding the version number to 'Kontakt'), but I have no idea what functionality you think is missing in 6, especially as it's just 'hear say' from you.
    Happy first day, newb.

14. Smoove Grooves

Sooo true!

15. Smoove Grooves

Yeah. All of this you wish for with Kontakt will most certainly help you create music more effectively. :wink:

16. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

Please keep typing. Your hole will soon swallow you up.

I'll say this and I'm done. Rant all You want afterwards and claim victory!!! You might know something about a software program, good for you... but you are clearly inexperienced as far as workflow, efficiency and I'd bet songwriting & scoring as well. I'm also betting you don't even play an instrument. Just a hunch... and no EDM or Hip-hop doesn't count. I'm not even going to explain how I concluded that because you also apparently think you're a psychic and know what I plan, how I plan to do it and have deemed it faulty. Yell out to your mother to bring you a sandwich in her basement where you reside and continue on in your plans of world domination loser.

17. Smoove Grooves

Listen kid. If one of our beloved administrators had got to you first, you would have been told to search for yourself, without any helpful advice as I gave. Such is the bane of Kontakt newbs. It's not as if we dislike laziness, it's just...uh...I'll get back to you on that one.
    All wrong! If you hang about you may work out who I am yet.
    No, just a waste of time which doesn't help making music at all, imo. But as you said, you like to "organize" things. Control them?

Yeah, please don't embarrass yourself anymore than you have.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  18. garfinkle

It's truly unbelievable, huh? Clearly the sarcasm of my original response went utterly over his head.

It's a shame they don't have a minimum civility requirement for joining this outfit.

19. Smoove Grooves

And I thought I was being (vaguely) helpful to not just do an Olymoon type of response to the op's post, but to add my (14 years of Kontakt usage) opinion too.

20. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

1. HomeCooked TinyToolz - 1 NI-NicntGenerator (Re-Loaded) and Windows.
    2. Recode the entire application and .nicnt format. I just sort my custom shit in new folders with custom names inside the existing hierarchy, in a folder named _User. If you are able to add wallpapers to the directories under the main library wallpaper, tell NI how to fix their shit so we all can do the same.
    3. V6 removes the ability to add libraries. It requires Native Access to add them. Look over the many posts about adding new libraries and notice that we've all been using V5 to add libraries but actually running them in V6.

It seems you're looking for specific answers to your questions. I think you've been given more than adequate advice on ways to resolve things (@Smoove Grooves). We could go on forever waiting to hear what we want to do by others suggestions until we hear exactly what we need.
    It would be more productive, I think, to figure those very specific things out and do it ourselves. Then share.

Good luck, brother.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  21. Smoove Grooves

Well done @Pinkman. I couldn't decipher what op thought he meant by "abilities to create", or why he'd want to create, modify and edit his own libs in 5 which would "only be played in version 6". I thought he thought 6 libs are backwards compatible, and I just didn't want to get into it!
    But of course, all he was probably referring to was the fact that (on Mac at least, though he's on Windows) we have to add lib with 5.6.0/5.6.6 to use in 6.
    Just out of interest, is that the same on Windows? I thought r4e made an add libary app or something?
    edit: AH! "Windows" mentioned in thread title...does he actually mean Kontakt's display/Lib tab, and not MS Windows? lol