Need help writing my very fictional novel about a thief

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by macros mk2, Feb 28, 2023.

1. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

I like it. It's got that good sauce. If you find the puzzle and the time to finishing it it has excellent possibilities.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

lol sorry- felt like I should give an exciting update. fiction has become reality and I have upgraded. my HD600s (and motu m2 and creek headphone amp) are now paired with..... drum roll please.... a 20 dollar Vizio tv and a 20 dollar craigslist laptop.

IMG_20230618_124059.jpg

actually it was a blessing by the music gods out there, truly. about as religious as I get but as I was trolling free craigslist i checked the computer section and there was this parts laptop- story was the dude went to a music producer meetup of all things and while he stepped away for a minute someone destroyed his ZenBook, looked like it got hammered. spoiler I have every reason to believe thats the truth btw. he knew the pin and his name was the same... he got screwed by some tweaker who probably uses garage band.

after sending the dude a message and joking someone didn't like his DAW I told him I was gonna try and use it as a base. so he said 40 was cool, then I met him the next day and after talking a bit he was like 20 is cool. he was a really nice guy and like unsure of whether it would even work, but also at this point I just kinda scream... abused shelter dog sorta I think haha, even if I'm the one who kicked me.

so that's how I went from an hp elitebook 8640p with an i5 from 2011 to a 2021 Ryzen 5 5500u and Nvidia mtx450 for 20 dollars. opened it up took out the screen cut off the case haha so the plugs would go in .. it works! Osiris was running above 50% CPU on the old one, now it's like 3%. the couple of songs I've got on my soundcloud I've had to render every single move I make basically haha- but I was getting to more "mixing" stages where id have to just guess, render for a few minutes, then try and adjust and do it again. not ideal. it's nice to hear the changes you make in real time as it turns out!

I once got a juno 106 from craigslist, similar story minus me believing it. case bent and torn but sounded great! I tend to gravitate towards things completely broken on the outside but that have potential if you look beyond that. hmmm, no deeper meaning there I'm sure. thank you music gods! you work in mysterious ways but I will sacrifice more of my life time to you have no doubt.

also thanks to everyone here who is part of the same cult- I was gonna say it's silly how even an anonymous forum can provide some stability on a certain level, but nah. its not silly. I'll prob wait a bit then when I remember next I'll send olymoon a quick message saying he can close this thread! I'm not done with writing my story but I think this idea is ironed out enough to move forward. :D